Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #11
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What kind of pictures do you take on vacation?

Mostly people for me too. If there's something really cool I'll take pics of stuff, like a pretty sunset, or the view from our hotel, a crab that came to visit, the lizard DD found ect... But mostly people are involved in my pics too. Honestly it helps me remember when and where we were! lol! And if we go back we can get pics of the same people in the same place and see how things have changed!

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #12
lookatreestar
Registered Users

ummmmmmm people. haha like 98% and 2% i do notice dh does like to take pictures of things. maybe they are easier because they dont move?? he really doesn't use the camera much.

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #13
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

I take almost entirely pictures of people. I figure, I'm not that great a photographer -- if I want pictures of places, I can go online and look for them.

I have been trying, though, to not crop my pictures in as much as I have in the past. One thing that's been fun lately, going through some old family pictures, is seeing all the stuff that makes up the background. Old cars, or the toys we had out, things like that. I had a major flashback just catching sight of the pantry door in one picture -- I'd forgotten about it, and seeing it made me almost feel like I was there.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure how to answer this. I am a picture-taking fool, and will take hundreds of them of anyone and anything that happens to get in the line of my viewfinder. I try and get tons of the kids/family, but I take a lot of scenery pics too.

HOWEVER, I have noticed over time as my photographs start to overwhelm my memory cards and desk drawers, I tend to weed out the ones that are "just" scenery in favor of the ones with actual family/friends in them.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #15
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Va...ca...tion? What is that?

All kidding aside, back when we did take vacations, it was about 50-50. Things that interested me, pictures of the people I was with having fun. I didn't have kids then, so none of those, but friends and DH hamming it up, sure.

We're planning a trip up to a port town where my parents have a condo (first vacation in YEARS, thus the snark above) in about 6 weeks, and I imagine there will be plenty of pictures of the town, the beach, the sunsets, as well as pics of DD and DH in the water, on the splash pad, trying on silly things in gift shops, enjoying ice cream....you get it.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #16
ktarsha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Unless the scenery or stuff is very meaningful to me, I prefer pictures of people. My husband took a photography course in college and fancies himself something of a photographer, so he likes taking more artsy shots of stuff/scenery.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #17
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I'm not really sure. Now I need to go on a vacation to be able to evaluate this. lol

at least it was pictures of stuff instead of strangers. Or butts or cleavage?