Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Ear help

My youngest had tubes placed in Dec. '08 for neg. pressure resulting in hearing loss.

Starting 3 weeks ago she began complaining that one of her ears hurt. There was no puss coming out of the ear and no fever. Nothing to indicate infection and she only complained on and off. So we put off taking her in. Yesterday I decided that we had waited long enough. Come to find out the tube in that ear has fallen out (which is normal....they only last a short amount of time and we are blessed that it lasted as long as it did). The neg. pressure is back and to the point that the ear drum is drawn in. The doc. thinks that as she is eating, coughing etc. she is popping the ear (like you do on a plane) and that is what is causing the pain. No suggestions about how to correct this or make it more comfortable for her (just a group ped. not her ent or regular ped. - last minute appointment).

Do you mama's have any suggestions as we wait to get into her ENT? We are taking off for Memorial day and our trip includes crossing the Sierra Nevada's. Can't imagine how painful the change in elevation is going to be.

Sean (11-9-02) Lindsey (11-9-02) and Katelyn (7-5-05)
3Xblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: kjwa***n
Re: Ear help

Take her to a chiropracter that works with children. They are wonderful for helping with chronic ear infections/issues. My boys don't get ear infections and they are adjusted at least once a month. You can find a lot of information about it on the internet and Dr. Sears has some info on his website about the effectiveness of a chiropracter with ear infections. It kind of opens the passages and lets things drain easier.
kjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Ear help

I was going to suggest Chiropractor too. DH is one and he adjusts the kids all the time.
Thrisha married to my back cracking hubby Jeff since 9-8-01, ,non-vaxing, natural, SAHM toTalyah Lysette 5-14 , Dyllan Nicholas 6-2and Tanner Benjamin 3-17
Check out my new adventure
wyoming butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote