Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #11
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Selling cloth diapers as an at home business?

What a great thread! I'm actually starting this with my business for mama cloth! I had someone local contact me about doing a home party for her and then she wants to start selling them at other home parties for me. My first party is June 27th and I'm really looking forward to it. I still have to work out what commission I can give a consultant and what I can offer the hostess. For the party I am doing (first party ever and it is someone that I knew about 15 years ago) I am giving the hostess 20% of sales in product for herself. In the future I could probably do 10% to the hostess and 15% to the consultant but I'm not sure if that would be worth either of their time and I still have to make it worth my while as well.

I have pretty brochures designed and I'm waiting for them to get printed right now. I'm currently building stock so it can be a cash-n-carry party with the option of custom orders.

Advertisement

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #12
carrieleeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too would be interested in learning more. I am in Brandon Manitoba and there is very little here. you can get Bummis or BG and that is about it unless purchasing used and that is not easy either.

I have resorted to making my own. Still learning and nowhere near ready to sell but would love to attempt making this resource available to other mom's in my community.

A couple of WAHM's products along with some mama cloths and voila you have a packed catalogue and just send in orders. Now just need the WAHM's that are interested and a couple of people willing to attempt a party.

I will attempt a party if it goes further.

Please keep us posted.
carrieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #13
Janet
Registered Users

I am really intrigued by this idea, and am looking at ways to do this. I am doing a couple of home parties in July in Port Alberni and Campbell River, if anyone is in those areas. I already am a regular fixture at most of the Lower Mainland swapmeets and have a decent local following - people even emailing asking me if I'll be at the next meet

I think I would eventually try to involve other local WAHMs as I make almost everything but diapers lol.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #14
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I am really intrigued by this idea, and am looking at ways to do this. I am doing a couple of home parties in July in Port Alberni and Campbell River, if anyone is in those areas. I already am a regular fixture at most of the Lower Mainland swapmeets and have a decent local following - people even emailing asking me if I'll be at the next meet

I think I would eventually try to involve other local WAHMs as I make almost everything but diapers lol.
I'm not that local but I sell at home parties as well if you ever want to cross promote!

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #15
Janet
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
I'm not that local but I sell at home parties as well if you ever want to cross promote!
Gee, I don't know. It's not like I know you or anything

That'd be great. I think our products would compliment each others well. And as you sell Michelle's stuff too, there's the diaper part that was missing
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 AM   #16
Aglette
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes!! Absolutely. I am a cloth diaper consultant for a Calgary,AB based company www.tinygem.ca which is a retailer who sells lots of the bigger brand name diapers, accessories and other baby/child care items. I do in home consultations with anyone interested in CD'ing and bring along samples of most of the products we carry (Everything was purchases at a significant discount from what it retails for). I make a small commission on my sales and get a great discount on all the products we carry. This is perfect for me because I love chatting about CD, I can make a little extra money and I don't have to worrry about stocking, shipping or any of that. I do not have the time or space in my own house to do my own e-store so this is the next best thing. If any of you are interested in this as well, contact Deb... she's looking for CD consultants all over Canada... the only thing she wants is that you have some experience with CD'ing. Just let her know I sent you (Kristy Jones) so I get credit for the referral, thanks so much!! Deb@tinygem.ca or Kristy@tinygem.ca
Old 11-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #17
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am loving this idea I have been toying with the idea of staring an online cloth diaper, natural baby store but it is so much initial work and with a busy 81/2 month old I have not been able to really sit down and plan it all out. This would be a great way to have the best of both world. I am totally interested if this takes off. Keep me in mind please please please
Cheers,
Saharan
Old 11-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #18
isda1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am really into the idea as well. I just looked up the Under the Moon thing, but will have to wait to read it until later.
isda1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
Jinxiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I thought that interest in this idea had died out, but I am looking into getting back into sewing cloth diapers, I took a break while we moved in the summer. I was able to get a wholesale account with Motherease, they also welcome home sellers. If you are interested in selling, you get about 40% of the retail cost as your profit, but that does not include shipping, you pay for your own shipping. You have to be able to make an initial purchase of $250 wholesale in product, which is about 2 dozen diapers and 6 covers, which you could probably sell off quickly. MEOS are popular, not the cutest or trendiest, but they work and are affordable to families. Honestly, I couldnt make diapers for the cost they sell them at, I dont know a wham who can, but for home sellers I think they are a great option.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
GavinEvaMommy
Registered Users
seller

Once I get my diaper business up and running Id totally be interested!!
GavinEvaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote