Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
candicesj
Registered Users

Due Yesterday - Tips Anyone?!

So I was due yesterday... No baby yet, obviously. I also had a doctor's appointment where I learned that I was still 80-90% effaced like 2 weeks ago and not dilated at all, and the cervix is still posterior and the baby is still pretty high!

I can't believe nothing has changed in 2 weeks!

Any tips on what I can do to get things going so I don't have to be induced (which would be the 11th)

Thanks for *any* tip you might have.

Advertisement

Candice, mommy to Nora (born May 8, 2007), pregnant with baby #2 (due Oct 29, 2011)!
candicesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
hacandsac
Registered Users
seller

Re: Due Yesterday - Tips Anyone?!

You could do EPO or TBD with DH. Why would you have to be induced? I was a week overdue with DD and I was hard but so worth it. Hold on mama it will all be over soon and you'll be holding your sweet little baby
hacandsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
kelsey78
Registered Users
seller

Black cohosh. It works! It causes uterine contractions.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

castor oil in orange juice. Shake it up REALLY REALLY REALLY good and chug it FAST.

It will clean you out (but that's always a good thing) but it'll also get contractions going.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #5
AddysMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

stop worrying. no reason to induce you AT ALL unless you have an ACTUAL PHYSICAL MEDICAL reason, like severe pre-e.
your body will birth your baby when you are both ready.
meditate. talk to your baby, let them know you are ready and waiting.
have sex with your partner, sperm gives prostaglandins to the cervix which helps it ripen. orgasms can also aid in starting contractions if your body is ready.
hospital inductions are NEVER a good idea for just about anyone. and most often lead to c-section and a very dissapointing birth experience for both mama and baby.

stay away from anyone who puts pressure on you to have the baby.
know that your time will come and it will be wonderful, you and your baby will have the best experience possible if you just put trust in yourself, your body and your baby.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
candicesj
Registered Users

Elizabeth: I'm probably gonna go on a hunt for EPO tomorrow and start that... What is TBD? DTD? There starts to be too many, I don't know what things stand for anymore. If that's what you mean though, I can't because he's in Egypt... :'(

About the things that start contractions... I wouldn't want anything to start hard contractions now because I am not dilated at all (at least as of yesterday). But things to get me fully effaced and start dilation are what I need, I think. Sex would be great, even if I'm over 40 weeks pregnant, I've been really in the mood for it. I guess that's mostly cause I don't get any with my husband in Egypt... EPO is what I will try next.

I talked to my doctor about wanting to wait as long as possible before getting induced. The 11th is actually 10 days after my due date... She insisted on making the appointment for it, but we agreed that if, on the 10th, it seems like I am on my way to getting there myself, we will schedule it for the 14th or 15th. And really, I wouldn't feel comfortable myself going past 42 weeks.

My doctor is really nice and understanding and I don't really feel pressured. Only thing was the making of the appointment. I didn't really want her to, but she wanted to be sure that if I had no real progress, I wouldn't have to wait until the 14th (Monday, since they don't induce on weekends) to start.

I really hope it doesn't go that long though...!
Candice, mommy to Nora (born May 8, 2007), pregnant with baby #2 (due Oct 29, 2011)!
candicesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:27 AM   #7
meande
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

fyi- you can buy EPO at Target. Good luck
meande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #8
bgjmhg03
Registered Users
seller

The EPO is a great idea. I believe you are supposed to take 2 orally and insert 2 capsules vaginally as close to the cervix as possible right before bedtime. That way your cervix can soften overnight and hopefully start contracting in the morning. Also, keep active - walking, etc. (I know that's hard right now.) Get an exercise ball (they have them at Target) to use as a birth ball and sit on it and bounce. Let's see... nipple stimulation, eat fresh pineapple, start drinking 3 cups of Red Raspberry Leaf tea a day. The only thing with these methods is that none of them will work unless your body is getting ready. Good luck!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:42 AM   #9
bean3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicesj View Post
So I was due yesterday... No baby yet, obviously. I also had a doctor's appointment where I learned that I was still 80-90% effaced like 2 weeks ago and not dilated at all, and the cervix is still posterior and the baby is still pretty high!

I can't believe nothing has changed in 2 weeks!

Any tips on what I can do to get things going so I don't have to be induced (which would be the 11th)

Thanks for *any* tip you might have.
Remember that your due date is an estimate! My first was 12 days late; my second 12 days early. I went to an airshow the day AFTER I was due with my son and walked, and walked, and walked. Nothing. I ended up being induced. My second one decided to be in a hurry.

Babies just seem to have their own timelines, both during pregnancy and postpartum!
bean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #10
kbisu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted you to know that I feel your pain mama. I was induced with my dd 15 days after my due date. Those 15 days were Hell, I tried everything. When I was finally induced she still was high and finally droped after 8 hours of patocin. Just walk as much as you can. bounce on your birthball. if you have a mini trampoline jump on that, I tried the caster oil and it just made me want to vomit, but for others it has helped, Ive read to mix it in scrambled eggs and that way you dont really taste it. Good Luck mama
kbisu is offline   Reply With Quote