Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Pee Question

My son is 6mos old (tomorrow!) and he goes to bed around 8pm, sleeps until about 6am or so. The past few mornings he has woken up almost completely dry - if he did pee, it was such a tiny amount that it was barely worth counting. Is that something to be concerned with? He seems far too young to be "holding it in" all night.

FWIW, he pees normally/has the normal amount of daytime wet dipes.

[ mom to my cowboy ballerina and my boy-of-steel ]
UnderTheStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Pee Question

Good question. I have no idea, but call and ask the nurse at your doctor, that's what we pay them sooo much to do, answer all our questions. Good luck!
lovemyliesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

hm, I know that The Kid was waking up dry when he was about one (potty trained him at two though since he wasn't ready during the day). But with him I quickly realized that he would not do anything if he was asleep. The only times that he did pee on his diaper he would actually wake up in the middle of the night, do his business, and then go back to sleep. He would never have a bowel movement once the sun went down, I think he may be part vampire. Maybe your son is like that?
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

My kids all went through brief stages where they would have dry diapers overnight at young ages. I would just make sure everything else is checking out fine (i.e. lots of wet diapers in the day, esp. in this heat) and touch base with your dr if you are concerned or if it continues.
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

My DD was very similar. She would not pee at night unless she woke up to nurse. If she slept through the night then her dipe would be dry. It helped with PL when she was older so so much. You may want to call the nurse just to make sure though
Wife to my HS sweetheart and forever love since 07/05 Mama to little beauty Chloe 01/08 and busy bee Ella 03/11 Our miracle over infertility baby boy Titus 09/13 Proud donor mom...1394oz so far
Lactivist, Intactivist, Delayed/Selective Vaxing, CD, BW, co sleeping, ERF Mama
doodle19 is offline   Reply With Quote