Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
hoopinmeadow
Registered Users

My Mood:
Not sure if it's a good idea

I decided to cancel going to the festival that I was going to because I just realized that I can't afford the hotel. My friends mom found out and said that she really wants me to go because it's not right for me to miss it.(We've all been a group going together since the first one happened and she doesn't want anyone missing.)
She is willing to pay for my ticket and feed me and everything but I would be sleeping in a tent with my almost 5 month old. The lowest temp for the weekend is 59 degrees. Is that too cold for a baby to sleep in a tent? I have a fleece sleep sack with a hood and long sleeves that she could wear but I'm still pretty scared.

What do you think?

Advertisement

Old 05-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
chicabonita
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not sure if it's a good idea

Go for it, 60 isn't to cold to bring a 5 month old camping. Remember it will also be warmer in the tent because of your body heat. You can always sleep her right next to you and she will defiantly stay warm enough.
chicabonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
lovemyliesel
Registered Users
seller

It'd definately be an adjustment from what sleeping in the comforts of home, but if you're up for the challenge, go for it! I've thought about going with my girl 6months, but I'm too nervous about not being prepared enough for the cold, and camping isn't always so comfortable for me... so I'm waiting until she's a bit older.
lovemyliesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:40 AM   #4
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:

my DS sleep the best out camping them its cooler out. We've been taking him since he was 5 weeks old. Just make sure she's bundled up appropriately for the weather.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:

59's not too cold. You can keep her warm at night. When we were in Minnesota over the holidays, we were staying at a relative's house, and for some crazy reason, the room we were in was FREEZING a couple of nights (we could see our breath in the air, if that's any indication)! Our son was just fine as long as he could cosleep with me and my husband. He'd cuddle up to one or the other of us, and sleep all night long. We actually managed to keep each other very warm. A good blanket or three, plus body heat, go a long way.
Half redneck, half hippie, Libertarian, Army veteran, Engineer turned SAHM to one little princess (07/29/2003) and one future farmer (12/25/2008), and my little boobie monster (5/28/2011). Official partner in crime to my blue collar Adonis since 2004!

Wanna join Swagbucks?
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

DS and I camp together every summer. When it gets quite cold, I just put on a sweater to protect my own arms, and then zip him into my sleeping bag, positioning the top of the bag just below boob height. He sleeps great and it makes nursing super easy.
Sleep deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #7
oceanaura
Registered Users

My Mood:

When our little guy was born, it was at the end of Feb. He slept in our room from birth on and we don't heat our bedroom. We did have the thermostat set at 50 when he first came home, and he was perfectly fine! I'd say go for it! He'll prob. love it! We do camp a lot, but our first cold trip with the little guy was when he was 15 months. It even snowed one night. As long as your guy is bundled or sharing your sleeping bag, I think he'll be fine!
oceanaura is offline   Reply With Quote