Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Leighleighbuggy
Registered Users
seller

HELP! Should I take infant to ER??

Advertisement

Last edited by Leighleighbuggy; 10-22-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 AM   #2
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP! Should I take infant to ER??

does your older child usually kick?
I'd not be worried, even at 5 weeks baby would scream if he was kicked!

Def not an ER visit, I think they would think your loonie to come in, to be honest, and if they aren't cool with co-sleeping I don't know if they will like that.

If baby is sound asleep maybe you should go try to sleep to, before they are up for the day
Old 05-27-2010, 03:05 AM   #3
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your baby will be fine. When Ducky was less than three months old he was having tummy time and The Kid got on top of his back and bounced on him. He said, and I quote "look mami! It's like a horsie!"

I about died but Ducky was fine.

If baby had gotten hurt he would've cried out. The fact that he didn't means to me that he didn't get hurt.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I agree baby would have cried if he got kicked. If your toddler is a crazy sleeper though, perhaps moving him to a toddler bed or baby to a side car/co-sleeper would be a good idea.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
cwieberdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I"m sure the baby is fine. Babies are PEOPLE and when people are hurt, they cry out.
cwieberdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
Leighleighbuggy
Registered Users
seller

thanks for your responses. I do have a twin in my room next to my bed, but my toddler is not too keen on sleeping there, unfortunately, and I felt guilty because of the new baby, but now I am concerned about the baby getting kicked, I will have to move him out. I know I probably overreacted, but I am such a worrier with things, and always think "what if ?" or the worst case scenarios. Before becoming a mother I never used to worry and now I think that is all I do!!!
Leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

No need to apologize. It's all a learning process. Nikolas did some things to Kate when she was tiny that still make me cringe to think about. It's no wonder she is such a bruiser! When they were both in our room ee side carred the crib to our bed and put a guard up to keep Nikolas from rolling over into our bed in the night.

Now they are together in their own room and I peek in there every night before we go to bed and often someone is laying partially on top of the other.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!

Last edited by kannondicarpo; 05-27-2010 at 08:51 AM.
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
No need to apologize. It's all a learning process. Nikolas did some things to Kate when she was tiny that still make me cringe to think about. It's no wonder she is such a bruiser! When they were both in our room ee side carred the crib to our bed and put a guard up to keep Nikolas from rolling over into our bed in the night.

Now they are together in their own room and I peek in there every night before we go to bed and often someone is laying partially on top of the other.
The Kidlets do that too. I found The Kid sleeping with his body on the floor and legs on his bed and Ducky with his legs on the floor and torso on the same bed. Still trying to figure out how that one happened
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote