Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #31
I had the CD wagon impounded!
My Mood:
Re: What do you feed your children?

I cook one meal per meal-time. My kids know I am not a short order cook and therefore we all eat the same things together. I don't make them clean their plate unless they want more of one thing, then I tell them they cannot ask for MORE food when there is already food on their plates. KWIM? Otherwise, we don't make them clean the plate, we don't bribe with food or the such. We sometimes have dessert and at no specific times. The kids know that it's a "sneak attack" when it comes to dessert So they always try to eat their food in case of a "dessert attack" LOL

Other than that, nothing special for any one member of the family. Even if a child doesn't feel like eating, that is fine. I don't always feel like eatting either. Sitting at the family table for dinner is always required inless there is something wrong with them (injury or illness). Family time around the table for dinner is very important to us. It's also a great way to be a great example for good nutrition as well.

So, in saying all that long winded mumbo-jumbo LOL, my kids will eat almost anything except mushrooms. Non of them will touch them so DH and I eat them

Brenda & Brian-Parents to: Tiffany 15, Claire 12, Keegan 8, Nathan 6, Teague 2, Charlotte 12 months
SAHM, HSing, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, babywearing, LDS, aspiring midwife and natural birthing mama
keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #32
Registered Users

My son will try anything. But if he honestly doesn't like it then I will offer him something else. If he's just being picky and won't try it or won't eat just for the sake of not eating then he can go hungry. Last night we tried sushi and he tried it but didn't like it. I don't like sushi but Jeff wanted to try it so I made it. I ended up making a second supper for
Melinda ~Mama Extraordinaire to~
Kye (5), Abigail, Kyrra and Gwendylan (2) and Ainsley (19/12/2007)
mom_of_3g_1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

We are in the same boat and do pretty much the same thing. Mu kids are picky, as so many others are as well. For breakfast and lunch they get pretty much whatever they want (within reason, of course), nothing junk. For dinner though I try and make at least one thing I know they will eat- a side dish, or whatever- and if they want dessert they have to have some of everything. Hard for little kids to understand but they will learn. Allison will eat almost anything to get dessert. Selah on the other hand doesn't get it yet.

if we are having something more grown up, or spicy, I make them their own meal. I try not to do that too often or it seems like they eat the same things all the time.
Blessed & joyful child of Christ, wife to B & seriously awesome mama to A, S, K, T & M, born 3/29/12
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." -Mark Twain
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote