Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Cloth & vacation

I LOVE my cloth and have taken cloth on quite a few of our vacations with 2 in cloth, but when we go house hunting in OH in 2 weeks we are taking Pampers with us. It is only going to be dh, Will, and myself and since we are leaving the girls home with Gramma, it will be like a mini vaca for dh and I. Even though we will be nonstop looking at a zillion houses a day for 5 days, lol.

Since we will only have 1 child traveling with us we are going as lite as possible. That means with using Pampers, it will be one less suitcase.

If you really want to use cloth, then I'm sure you will find a way, if not.........enjoy the vaca and just use sposies. It doesn't *have* to be all cloth *all* of the time.

sahm to 3 little women and 1 little man who keep me extremely busy and take all of my time away from here!
I have LOTS of toys to sell....My Little Pony, Fisher Price ramp & speedway, Littlest Pet Shop, you name it I probably have it! PM me!
ajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #22
You know you want this.........
My Mood:
Re: Cloth & vacation

for me, it would depend on the length of the trip, and the age/how long your LO has been in cloth. we went from ohio to florida. we took some cloth with us just in case, and was very glad i did. she would not leave the sposies on. at all! so, as soon as we got to the IL's i switched. we did sposies on the first day home, and we leaked out and everything. so once again, brought out the cloth. it really wasnt a problem with the smell. even in a van. we used a garbage bag and sealed it really well. personally, i would be comfortable leaving the dirty's in the hotel for a few days before i bring them home. just seal them up.
and make sure you have a really nice cover so you dont get compression leaks. even the best interlock can cause that. i use PUL for trips.

and dont feel bad about whatever choice you make. just do what feels right for you.
mamazluv is offline   Reply With Quote