Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #591
hurricanechelsea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flats Picture Thread

I loooove the look of those Ikea burpcloths. I'm to the point where I'd make an out-of-state trip to get them if I could, hahaha

Advertisement

atheist/skeptic, on-schedule vaccinating , anti-alternative-"medicine" , breastfeeding-but-not-lactivist, hospital-waterbirth-with-an-OB-ing, formerly-cloth-diapering, conspiracy-theory-hating , letter-G-usinG mom to a bilingual () boy, born 3/21/10-- if you're similar (fully vaccinating a must) and in Maine, PM me!
hurricanechelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #592
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

I have LL and GMD flats and really like them both BUT ooooooolala I just got 4 muslin Imse-Vimse flats and I'm in LOVE! Super squishy soft and absorbent. Though a bit bulkier and more expensive. But oooohhhh the squish!
Sassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #593
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Mama's! I just got back from a week long vacation where I used pad folded flats the whole time! My older boys wore Pull up AIO's and those got stinky! But my flats stayed fresh! I ended up washing the AIO's twice! Once with flats and then a second time with my next load of regular laundry! They were a PITB! Anyway.. The flats were awesome! DD wore one padfolded flat at night even! It was soaked but it worked!
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:21 PM   #594
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
Hey Mama's! I just got back from a week long vacation where I used pad folded flats the whole time! My older boys wore Pull up AIO's and those got stinky! But my flats stayed fresh! I ended up washing the AIO's twice! Once with flats and then a second time with my next load of regular laundry! They were a PITB! Anyway.. The flats were awesome! DD wore one padfolded flat at night even! It was soaked but it worked!
WTG Vicki!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:08 PM   #595
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:

OKAY... so found out the hard way (as in: after I made it) that OBV is NOT snappiable

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 PM   #596
livingfree
Registered Users

i've been using receiving blankets as flats and loving the trim fit! even dh was impressed that i could fold a blanket into a diaper! and said if i prefolded them, he would even try putting them on the boys!

this week i will be off to goodwill to find more receiving blankets! and i just ordered a bunch of covers too!
livingfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #597
TexasHeatherLynn
Registered Users
seller

Subbing...I am way intrigued but SO overwhelmed with all of the choices and acronyms. My head is spinning. I need a CD for dummies class in a bad way.
Riley & Dusty, twins lost 12/11 & 31/03~~Brody born still 5/28/05
TexasHeatherLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #598
mama2myluvs
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I should be getting my flats tomorrow and I cant wait to try them after reading all this! I'm so excited!!
mama2myluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #599
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHeatherLynn View Post
Subbing...I am way intrigued but SO overwhelmed with all of the choices and acronyms. My head is spinning. I need a CD for dummies class in a bad way.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=619831
This may help you out some if you haven't seen it already. If there is something you have a question about, just ask as plenty of mamas on here are so very helpful! I can help a little if you need help figuring stuff out. I don't have my LO yet, but I have been reading/studying/making cloth diapers for a few years now. Just PM(private message ) me
Old 05-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #600
hurricanechelsea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hadn't seen any origami-fold tutorials on here, so I decided to make one, even though my baby is asleep and I don't have any big stuffed animals or dolls. Oh, and the only place I could do the tutorial was in his crib (he's in the bassinet right now).

Anyway, I hope this is useful to someone The origami fold is waaay easier than it seems and works so well, and is quite trim (my baby weighs 15+ pounds and can wear an origami-folded flat in his XS Thirsties cover still!)

Flat!

Fold top to bottom.

Fold left to right.

Pick up the lower right-hand corner of the top layer of fabric. Pull it to the left so you get a nifty triangle.

Nifty triangle.

Pick up all the layers of fabric on the lower right-hand corner and flip over the diaper to the left.

There's now a square of extra fabric.

Pick up the square (not what's underneath it, just two layers of fabric) and fold it in half.

Fold it in half again.

Oooh, pretty.

Turn it around and fold it down in the back (or front, though I think you'd have to roll in the sides to make that fit right)

Put your baby on the diaper and fold up the front.

Bring the sides in around the legs, and pin or snappi (you can fold in the extra little tails however you want, but I usually just leave them. With bigger babies you probably won't have that excess anyway)

I think I included/explained everything. I hope nobody had done a tutorial for this already, haha.
atheist/skeptic, on-schedule vaccinating , anti-alternative-"medicine" , breastfeeding-but-not-lactivist, hospital-waterbirth-with-an-OB-ing, formerly-cloth-diapering, conspiracy-theory-hating , letter-G-usinG mom to a bilingual () boy, born 3/21/10-- if you're similar (fully vaccinating a must) and in Maine, PM me!

Last edited by hurricanechelsea; 05-31-2010 at 09:51 PM.
hurricanechelsea is offline   Reply With Quote