Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #21
ralenth
Registered Users

Re: 2 yo. won't let anyone give him a hair cut!!!

Just wait it out. My oldest HATED having his hair cut when he was 2. In retrospect, he has sensory issues, and the noise of the clippers is probably what set him off, but he was also afraid of the scissors. He's grown out of it, and now likes to keep his hair fairly short. If it's the noise, you could try ear plugs? It might help. My middle son doesn't like getting his haircut now (he's 6), but that's because he likes it long. When I need it shortened and neat, I take him to a hair place, and we look through the books together until we come up with a haircut we both like. Neat enough for Mom, long enough for B.

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #22
clb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

does he have a job interview? sounds like his hair is important to him - he's two - there will be plenty of time for haircuts later. I wouldn't make it stressful for him, it will make future haircuts worse. If it's at the point where it just lots of knots, and that's why you want to cut it, maybe have someone blow bubbles while you cut to distract him.
C- Proud mama to M (4/08). Loving wife to J. Excited about welcoming baby #2 into our APing, BWing, Non-Circing, Selective Vaxing, happy, hippy family in 03/11
clb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #23
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How about getting it buzzed off.... My little one hated his hair cut every time and fought and cried but my personal stanz for our family is boys have short hair. He has been getting his hair cut since he was 6 months old. One time I noticed when they were done cutting and used the clippers to get the precision and close cut on the back of his neck...he calmed down. He wasn't afraid of the clippers just the scissors. So now he gets it cut with just the clippers.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #24
Magpiedpiper
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappgirl3 View Post
Thank you soooo much for the responses! I love the ideas I get from the Mamas here!

Ok, so this is what happened. I stayed awake till 2 am. trimming snip by snip. He did wake up SEVERAL x's and he didn't like what I was trying to do. SO I had to wait EVERYTIME for him to fall back to sleep. That's why it took me till 2am. What an ordeal!!!!
ALL I CAN SAY IS I'M THANKFUL FOR HATS!!!!!
Wow, that is some dedication right there.

Personally, if my kid didn't want his/her hair cut, then that would be fine with me. I can't imagine staying up until 2 am trying to forcibly/sneakily cut a sleeping kid's hair bit by bit.
If $25 can buy a child for a night, it can also give a child a safe home for a month. Love146 safehomes enable restoration through safe housing, therapy, nutrition, medical care, education...and something every child needs, a home full of love and care.
Magpiedpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #25
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappgirl3 View Post
I too love boys with A LITTLE curly locks, it is so cute and natural. But it doesn't go over well with our family. I'm a little curious, in your town do the little guys get percieved as girls (like at the grocery store)? My ds#1 had longer hair and soooo many people called him "she". It made me kinda upset. I just got to the point of giving him a boy cut. We live in a very rural area with not much diversity. Everyone pretty much conforms. Sad but true.

My DS has longer hair and is often referred to as a girl. We live in a small town where I think long hair is only acceptable if it's a mullet. hick town When someone calls him a girl he comes back with "I'm not a girl, I have a penis" Also my DH has long hair and that's why DS doesn't want his cut.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #26
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

Our nanny cuts DS' hair when it gets too floppy. I'm pretty sure she does it when he's in his high chair, with cosmetic scissors and a treat to bribe him. We were cutting more often before we switched to the conditioner-only washing method. DH and I both have very straight hair, so it was odd learning to care for DS' curls. (Where on earth did he get those?) Now that we're not shampooing, his hair doesn't dry out and it doesn't mat in the back anymore, so we don't need to be as aggressive about hacking it back.
Sleep deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #27
rappgirl3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmama2 View Post
When someone calls him a girl he comes back with "I'm not a girl, I have a penis" Also my DH has long hair and that's why DS doesn't want his cut.
:rofl mbo:
rappgirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote