Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

Re: Wow, I feel like a BAD mommy...

He doesn't do it at night but my middle son has decided he'd rather not give up naps after all but I'd rather he doesn't nap (he goes to sleep easier at bedtime if he doesn't nap) and there have been several times recently where he's just laid down on the living room floor or couch and gone to sleep in the middle of the afternoon. It happens.

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 12:27 AM   #12
reesesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you are a talented MOM!!!

A Mom friend of mine told me once that she put a child lock on the inside so her kids couldn't get out . . . I thought it was kinda mean at the time. Now I think I might use it when we are in the transition period.

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:52 AM   #13
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is almost 3 and still falls asleep in front of the door. I'm pretty sure that part of it is b/c he can see the TV from his door....hehe. As long as she wasn't crying hysterically or screaming for you, she was just fine. HUGS mama!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #14
Carolina Kel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the chuckle this morning, mama

We did the co-sleeping thing for a little over a year. We tried to the pack-and-play thing, but my son apparently herds sheep in his sleep.

Our solution was a futon in his own room. He occasionally has a tumble - but we have pillows all the way around it. I will never forget the night I found him asleep on the floor with his head on our cat. (Furry pillow anyone?) Both were totally sacked out.
Be your friend's true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter with laughter.
Carolina Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, its kind of funny actually! You definitely aren't a bad mom! My dad always tells us about his best friend growing up and how his parents could never get him to sleep. He would go and go and go and they would find him out in the yard fast asleep LOL...he just couldn't stop playing long enough to actually go to his bed.
Please visit and LIKE my page to keep up with fun diaper chat and frequent online specials!
Solomon's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #16
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My two youngest girls did that! I would put them down for a nap (only happened at naptime ) and they wouldn't be crying or anything and I would go up to check on them and I wouldn't be able to open the door b/c they would fall asleep on the floor right in front of it on the HARDwood floors.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #17
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

My youngest went through a phase where she only wanted to sleep in the closet. No idea why, but that's where she slept. All of mine have fallen asleep in front of the door. I have a picture of my oldest in a milk crate. It was one of those plastic ones and it held her toys in it. Well, she took some of the toys out, climbed in it, was playing, and fell asleep. I think she was 9 months old at the time. Under a year, I know.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote