View Poll Results: Have you ever/would you ttc when not financially stable? Read explanation please...
wait until after grad. & new job insurance begins to ttc 6 21.43%
wait until DH graduates to ttc 2 7.14%
wait 3 months so baby comes right after graduation 6 21.43%
don't prevent or try- if it happens- it was meant to be 10 35.71%
go ahead and ttc- it will all work out in the end 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Would you/have you ever ttc when not financially stable?

Would you/have you ever tried to conceive when you weren't exactly "financially stable"?

I am ready to ttc right NOW! The problem is dh has another year of school. He works full time, goes to school full time and is doing his clinicals for the next year. I have had morning sickness that has worsened with each pregnancy. I also had a hernia with DS3 and ended up with my first c-section (not from the hernia- baby put his arm out first )- which I have to assume could happen again and I already know I would have to fight tooth and nail to have a VBAC- for which I'm totally prepared and I can be MEAN! My boys are 36 and 30 months apart and my youngest is 21 months old now and I want to be pg!
We have agreed on at least one more but that we should wait.
My SIL is pg and due in December and my best friend is ttc her third this fall- I'm going to have a hard time with that!

I thought that I should add that I have exclusively bf 3 children so far and I have all the cd's for birth to pling! I have tons of boys clothes- and it probably would be another boy and I have all the baby gear I would need.
I should also mention that I do have health insurance- the poll maybe makes it sound like I don't? It isn't great though- deductible then 80/20.

Advertisement

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT

Last edited by 4boys1girlforme; 05-02-2007 at 09:24 AM.
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you/have you ever ttc when not financially stable?

Well we got preg right after we were married (dh has a stable job,military) and ds was born in May (early) dh got out of the military in July of that yr and we moved to IL, where he had anothe job lined up...but we were stable. This baby, dh is working and going to school (nights/weekends) but is taking the summer off so he can play baseball. Yes it can be stressfull, but IMO its worth it for us.

While reading yours I would say wait until hes around to help out alittle more, just because you have had previous problems..but its YOUR decision on what to do, whatever you decide good luck
Old 05-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
Choose2bgr8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got pg for Lilly when we weren't really financially stable. She is 3. Marti was not planned. Lilly wasn't exactly planned but we weren't preventing. I went through a period where I was so ready to have another, but again we weren't where I wanted to be financially so I chose to wait. Then, I recently when through a complete change (within the last 6 months) and decided if we have more kids, I want a boy. Guarenteed, no question. And I want twins. Have always wanted twins and the only way that is going to happen is if we adopt so that is what we are going to do. We HAVE to be more finacially stable for that to happen so that is the way it will be. Dh wasn't on board with my decision at first. He wanted to try for more, but now we talk about "the twins" as if they are already ours. We know how we are going to decorate their rooms and the themes that we are going to go with. We have names picked out and everything.

Sorry for the tangent, what I meant to say was that I have been on many sides of the spectrum where baby fever goes and as it stands right now, I won't ttc because we aren't financially stable. I am SICK and TIRED of being poor!
Choose2bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

If I were in this situation, I would wait until after graduation and things had settled down a bit. I've had a very difficult pregnancy (and it sounds like you may too) and I don't know how I would have survived it if DH wasn't around so much and I didn't even have any other little ones to take care of! Money stuff always seems to work itself out so I would mostly be concerned about making sure that you have a great support system in place so you can have the healthiest pregnancy possible!
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I chose don't prevent or try. But I do believe it will work out.

See I totally believe if it was meant to be nothing will stop it! I mean I have known people to get pregnant without trying after tubals and vasectomies. One of the women with a tubal actually had twins! My dh is a birth control baby and MIL swears she didn't miss one or was late for one.

You do have to plan for just incases. Do you have a pump incase you need it?
And heck a girl can wear boy clothes and you can always shop clearance sales

Last edited by mommy2kaitlyn; 05-02-2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
mommy2kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:02 AM   #6
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm 35 and never have been financially stable. I mean, we own a house and scrape by barely, but I've always lived paycheck to paycheck. Our house is our savings account. If I waited until I was what I thought is "financially stable", then I'd never have had a baby.... I figured I'd og off of bc and if it's meant to me then it's meant to be - and we got pg gthte next month. we get by, and i'm sure you will too!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #7
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies,
DH was more sure that he wanted to wait than I was- I completely understand being pg, possibly having a c-section, and having a newborn while he is gone all the time will be rough on myself and my 3 poor little boys- from having a cranky mama, but he isn't exactly sticking to his plan- kwim??
I may be announcing a bfp sooner than I thought and through no fault of my own!!!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote