Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2007, 05:52 PM   #21
kristini2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think it's baby day!

oh how exciting!!! sending easy, productive labor vibes your way.

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #22
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Mindy~* View Post
. . . . . . she told me if i feel trickling or my water breaks, i have to get to the hospital within an hour cause theres a big risk of infection, theyll need to check me...uhhh..what world does that make sense in? :lol:
Mindy - all Dr.'s and nurses tell you that - but guess what if no one was sticking their fingers up in there to check you every hour then there wouldn't be near as many germs getting in there to cause infection.

Now don't get me wrong you can always get an infection anyway but water leaking or even broke for 24-48 hours is not a big deal at all!

and especially if you're like me and at home in your own environment where you're already immune to most anything in your home and you're not having internal exams.

so what sense does it make - NONE!

Kristi - I am kind of hoping that is what happens to me - is that this is all just working slowly and then it'll happen quick.

Of course then our friend won't have time to get here. She's been to homebirths before but she's an hour away!

we gotta decide in the next hour or two whether to call her and tell her to come sleep the night here or what. I worry if we dont' that she won't make it if I wake up in hard labor but then I worry if I do that I'll sleep all night and then it be sometime tomorrow and I'll have wasted her time coming here to stay the night when she could have been in her own bed.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #23
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abunchofus View Post
Mindy - all Dr.'s and nurses tell you that - but guess what if no one was sticking their fingers up in there to check you every hour then there wouldn't be near as many germs getting in there to cause infection.

Now don't get me wrong you can always get an infection anyway but water leaking or even broke for 24-48 hours is not a big deal at all!

and especially if you're like me and at home in your own environment where you're already immune to most anything in your home and you're not having internal exams.

so what sense does it make - NONE!

Kristi - I am kind of hoping that is what happens to me - is that this is all just working slowly and then it'll happen quick.

Of course then our friend won't have time to get here. She's been to homebirths before but she's an hour away!

we gotta decide in the next hour or two whether to call her and tell her to come sleep the night here or what. I worry if we dont' that she won't make it if I wake up in hard labor but then I worry if I do that I'll sleep all night and then it be sometime tomorrow and I'll have wasted her time coming here to stay the night when she could have been in her own bed.
I would call her. My labors are the same, w/ DD they wanted to take me for a CS, I told my OB I was comfy and would like to ride it out another couple hours (after 19 hrs of slow labor and my water was broken). She said that she wouldn't normally, but I was insistent and she would let me go and get a nap in "before my CS". Not even a half hour later I was telling the nurse I had pressure, 45 min later I had a baby. I was at 5 45 min before my baby girl was born, LOL. GL and I bet all of a sudden your labor is going to take off.
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #24
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

I hope so Tonya!

dh is out of the shower and through bathing the dog but on a business call but as soon as he's done I'll go talk to him cause he needs a nap - he's been awake since 3:30 this morning! At least I've gotten in 2 naps!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #25
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

wow Christi... this is so exciting! I've read through this thread now and *I'm* excited for you! I will keep you and your family in my prayers so you have a quick and easy delivery! Can't wait to read your birth story and see pics of the new blessing!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:03 PM   #26
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Christi- Oh I'm so glad to hear you're still comfy!! I definatly think your labor will just go KABOOM and you'll have your baby in a couple pushes!! I am so excited!!! I would definatly call your friend! It's going to be soon reguardless, whether tonight on early in the AM! BTW, I had two middle of the night births and I did NOT like that!! I couldn't sleep after the first one and the second was such a shocker and I'd been up since 6am so I was wiped out!!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #27
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #28
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

thats soo exciting christi!! lots of easy Labor and delivery vibes coming your way mama!!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #29
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Prayers and ELV for ya! (If she's not here already!!!)
aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #30
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wondering about an update?