Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2007, 02:44 PM   #11
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can someone please explain "Luteal Phase" to me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPruitt View Post
Your LP is very important when TTC. If it isn't long enough, typically 12-14 days, it may be an indication that your body isn't producing enough progesterone to support a viable pregnancy. If that's the case your dr/re can give you progesterone (suppositories or otherwise) to increase your levels, lengthen your LP and increase your odds of a H9M. Many drs consider 10 days the minimum. Also important to know your LP if you have long cycles, b/c it's possible you have long cycles and regular LPs (ok) or long cycles and irregular LPs (not ok, b/c this is considered an irregular cycle, which means you aren't Oing optimally).

Some drs believe than a longer than average LP could be a precursor or red flag to cancer, as some exhibit the symptom of increased estrogen levels, associated with some cancers. But that's a still far-fetched under studied/proven idea. My LPs are typically 17-19 days on a *regular* cycle.

Could it be too long? I had AF 4.22.07...Ive taken OV tests and still neg..My average cycle is 25-26 days so shouldnt I be O'ing right about now? I thought I was 2 days ago. Cervical mucous looked right but now it looks "not" right again... Are you supposed to count from your FIRST day of AF to get an O time frame? Im so confused. Im starting to wonder if Im not O'ing because Im still BF'ing. But AF has been normal for about 4-5 months now....
nikkiof5 is offline   Reply With Quote