Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Gizmo516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can anyone sew good replacement soakers for GMs? Also does this happen to yours?!?

I used to buy GMs like there was no tomorrow. I stalked, I won auctions, I traded, I sold, etc. etc. and then I just got annoyed and stopped totally. So I ended up with about 70 GMs in the end. Plus loads of other diapers, so no one diaper gets used more than maybe 2-3 times a month. Now some of my GMs are almost falling apart. The soakers get these great huge holes in the undersides that look as if an animals has been chewing on them- I've had to replace 5 already and another 4 need new soakers now. Also some of my GMs are developing these weird lumpy spots in the inside layer (can't see, but can feel), like whatever that layer is made of is breaking apart and clumping together...the weird part is that both of these things DO NOT happen to any of my other diapers. Not fitteds (and I own a lot of other brands), not AIOs, not pockets. Only GMs.

Anyway, the big part of this post is does anyone know where I can buy a soaker that would fit a GM (similar construction, double layer w/ snaps) but that would not fall apart? I know I can buy GM replacement soakers, but honestly they are pricey and if the originals are falling apart I'm not sure I want to get the same brand over and over again, KWIM?

Spam welcome

-Rach

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can anyone sew good replacement soakers for GMs? Also does this happen to yours?

The lumps are the fleecey part of the bamboo coming off. Instead of fluffing off into the dryer, there's no where for it to go so it's stuck in the diaper. Prefolds do the same thing.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can anyone sew good replacement soakers for GMs? Also does this happen to yours?

This exact thing is happening to 1 of my BSRB TIAN's. I have no clue why! Not my other 2, only the 1. Here's a pic:
Old 06-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
Gizmo516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
The lumps are the fleecey part of the bamboo coming off. Instead of fluffing off into the dryer, there's no where for it to go so it's stuck in the diaper. Prefolds do the same thing.
So why don't all of them do it? Also how come the diapers that this happens to are now so thin? I mean if it was just the fleecey part coming off the rest of the bamboo should be left in place, shouldn't it?

Regardless those diapers that get lumpy are often the same ones who get soaker holes, rendering them pretty much useless. So I need a solution ASAP!

-Rach
Old 06-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:

Doesn't Piddle Poddles sell some identical? Oops - I forgot they are the bedtime kind, but you should still be able to use them. Sorry your GMs are falling apart. Crummy.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote