Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: When you NIP........

I usually pull up my top shirt and nurse through the top of my tank top. If I am only wearing a tank I carry a burp cloth to cover anything exposed (I only do this if I am uncomfortable nursing somewhere). Irie is starting to like having something cover her though...I think it is less distracting.

:*Lindsay, proud mommy to Cadence Marie 10*05*04, Irie Elizabeth 04*09*09, Isis Nicole 06*08*11 and awaiting B4 sometime in June 2013
:*married to the love of my life Nick 10-31-08*:
lindsayncadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #22
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
My Mood:

I generally wear a regular shirt and pull the shirt up and nurse cover. I did have a rather funny story the other day. I was nursing in my ring sling and a little of my side was showing from having my shirt pulled up some so baby could nurse. A mom came up to me and was trying to be helpful by pulling my shirt down before she realized I was bfing. She was so embarrassed and said she was sorry a million times...I just laughed it off and told her not to's not common around here really. Although I have to say that for as UNcommon as it is...I've NEVER gotten a negative comment!
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), Michael (3/22/2012), and Harmony (1/24/2014)
*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #23
Registered Users

I layer. I have a nursing tank underneath, and then a v-neck, scoop neck, button up, or other "easy access" shirt. I just unsnap the nursing tank and pull the neck of the top shirt over. The nursing tank strap is still there, so there isn't really any bare skin.
BUT, I almost always use a cover in public, except when we are in the van.
Carla ~ paramedic
wife to Chris
mama to 3 boys ages 19, 18, and 4
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #24
Registered Users

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
My husband was like that with the first baby. But, now, he doesn't care. He's over it just like I am. Baby has to eat and that's that. As a matter of fact, I just recently asked him if he would feel comfortable with it if I stopped using my cover at all. He said he didn't care. I ordered some nursing tops to help me be discrete about it.

I always go under. I usually have a nursing tank on under. I have large breasts and I could never get my shirt pulled down far enough from the top without ruining the shirt. I've never understood how anyone does that.

Anyway, I've always wondered what the big deal about NIP is too. I mean, I've seen tons of woman do it, but I've never seen any real amount of breast showing. Strange that it is an issue.
Yea this is baby #2 and baby #1 was nursed for 4 years you'd think he'd have had time to adjust. HA no, its his issue I pat his head and say I'm sorry your uncomfortable and then countinue with how I need. I use a cover for ME not him. Its not that I dont care about his feelings but well there is only so much I can do...

I can not spell and have no phone to blame things on.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

Usually I pull my shirt up, but just today DH insisted we find me some tops that I could nurse more easily in, so we bought 3 V-neck shirts. When I wear those, I'll be sure to wear nursing tanks instead of nursing bras, so there's a little coverage (not much for my huge boobs) from the tank's strappy thing at the top.

I wonder if they sell nursing tanks that you can pull up from the bottom of the breast.
katbriil is offline   Reply With Quote