Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
teachermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Food ? for those w/ babies 10-14 months

I am SO glad you posted this because I've been wondering lately if my son eats enough. He's lost a little weight again and his dipes haven't seemed as wet lately..........oh, he's 14 mos (almost 15) and weighs about 20.5 lbs.
Here goes
7:30am 6-8 oz. rice milk/Vit. D bottle
9:30am wake up and breakfast of cereal (usually Kashi Mighty Bites) w/ cup of ice water and yogurt (2.5 oz.) or fruit
11:00ish more cereal (usually the leftovers from breakfast)
12:00ish lunch (today 1/4 grilled cheese on whole wheat, shredded chicken (1 oz.), and more yogurt (2.5 oz.))
12:30 6 oz. bottle with rice milk/Vit. D combo
3:00 wake up ice water and small snack (probably more shredded chicken and whole wheat crackers)
5:30 dinner (at my sister's so not sure what we're having........last night he ate homemade chicken fiesta soup.....lots of veggies and chicken cut up into pieces....he ate a TON (probably 4 oz.) and strawberries cut up and cup of water
7:00 bedtime with another bottle of rice milk/Vit. D (6-8 oz.) He'll sleep and not wake for another feeding until 7:30 am when he'll get another bottle and go back to sleep.
We are not (obviously) nursing anymore and in looking at all of your posts I'm wondering if I should be giving him more fluids? But I do offer a sippy cup at all times during the day and he only accepts when he is thirsty, so we're probably fine. And his dipes are wet when they should be. Thanks again to the pp who posted this topic. It's great info for me!

Advertisement

teachermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #12
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:
Re: Food ? for those w/ babies 10-14 months

we dont really do anything on schedule. Morgan still nurses frequently she eats a ton to. usually for bf she has homemade yougurt, with a fresh fruit puree'd into it she love cantolope & mangos, and usually a grain like barley or 9 grain toast. she will usually eat a maple healthy time teeher too.
for lunch she usually eats avdacods and cuccmber peices and the new gerber orgainc dried fruits she loves the apple and strawberry. I vary it between veggies she likes squash a lot too but the diapers after squash are horid so I limit it lol. dinner is usually what ever we are having like last night we had wholewehat rigatoni and pesto sauce w/ baby peas and asperagus she loved it. she has no theeth what so ever but she will gum anything.
she still nurses about every 2 hrs too and atleast 1-2 times at night (she is 10 mts) she is just a little piggy
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote