Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
Wishing4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Meal Planning Help!!

Oh sorry. I cook it in the crockpot with a little water on low for about 8 hours.

Advertisement

Last edited by Wishing4; 05-05-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Wishing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #12
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieLyn View Post
That does sound good! i'm gonna try this! there should be instructions for roasting a chicken on the packaging it's easy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
Oh sorry. I cook it in the crockpot with a little water on low for about 8 hours.

thanks! now i need to find whole chickens on sale!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #13
babyluvr
Registered Users
seller

each week i plan our meals, and with many things i double all or parts of the meal to use next time (like muffins, bread, refried beans and taco meat). allrecipes is a GREAT site. or sometimes i just google a main ingredient that i want to use ('chicken' 'broccoli') plus 'recipe' and discover things i have never thought of.

saturdays is usually our homemade pizza night. i make homemade crust, doubling the recipe, so it makes two pizzas for that night, then enough dough for two more that stays good in teh fridge till the next week. top with whatever you like, and it's yummy and easy

another easy dish that we love is thai curry. just buy some thai curry paste in the grocery, mix with coconut milk, then add frozen veggies and can add chicken or tofu too

there are a million easy ways to bake chicken, either boneless breasts or with bones. To make a good variety of meals, pick a way to bake it (sesame, honey mustard, italian, etc.), pick a starch (roasted potatoes, corn muffins, banana bread, carrot muffins, etc.), pick a veggie (salad, spinach, broccoli, beans). even though the categories are the same, the result tastes and seems nice and different!
babyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote