Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:
Pregnancy/Baby Book Recommendations for Young Mama

Hi, there.

I need some book recommendations for a young mama. My cousin just turned 16 and she is pregnant and being influenced by everyone living around her. I was upset to hear that she was going to breastfeed and her mom persuaded her not to. I wish people would mind their own business. I just want to give her something to read that is more age appropriate or hip. I just want this poor girl to be informed. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Last edited by happysahm; 05-06-2007 at 12:22 PM.
happysahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy/Baby Book Recommendations for Young Mama

Okay well, for sheer comic relief, I recommend the girlfriends guide to pregnancy. Not sure if there is anything really out there for young moms, but it is funny and informitive and not as stiff as some of the others seemed to me. I know alot of moms that are 19-21 range and they all liked that book. GL!
Old 05-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would recommend anything Dr. Denmark because they are really easy to navigate and find the topic you need when you need it.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if there are any Hope Centers in your area, but if so, you might want to check them out. I am sure they have age appropriate books for pg teens as that is their mission field. Also, they will help your cousin to get healthcare and other aids available to young moms. They also have connections to a lot of groups that help young moms to stay on track with school, etc.