Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How often do you play with your children?

realistically, we do what we can. I always feel like I don't do enough, I interact w/ my kids all day, but I don't play with them every minute of the day, I did when I had one, and now he has a really really hard time playing independently. I used to feel incredibly guilty that I didn't spend every waking mintue entertaing my kids like I used to, but I just can't, there are two of them and one of me and keeping a house up and just breaking up fights takes most the day. I do interact with them constantly we have lots of fun, but as far as actually spending hours just playing, no we don't do that... I'd say I'm a totally devoted mom too, I homeschool and stay home and definetely don't neglect my kids... I make them toys, bake with them, read to them, take them for walks and to swim, do crafts... but I don't play for hours on end... They are never far from me tho, it's rare that I go longer then 10 mins w/out jumping up do something for or w/ them. Does this make sense?

Jacki: Nerd wife to Mike and mostly crunchy Christian mama to two precocious boys: Brennan Zachary: 12.6.03 and Quinlan Matthew: 3.3.07

Check out felpies for cute goodies!
Kismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:15 AM   #32
Registered Users
Re: How often do you play with your children?

I very rarely play They play on their own most of the time, but if they need it I do suggest things (like, 'let's go outside and ride bikes', or 'oh you guys seem bored should we get out the playdough', or 'shall we do some schoolwork'). I am not good at playing though
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote