Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby shoe help?

I need help finding shoes for DS. He's 14 months and still a relatively new walker (we had a bit of a setback with a bad case of roseola).
My favorite shows for him are Robeez style slippers, but he yanks them off as soon as I put them on. The same goes for anything with Velcro.
I'd like something with laces (that I can tuck inside the shoe and out of sight) but everything I've found has a way-too-stiff sole.

So mamas, please help me find an affordable pair of lace up shoes (size 5) with a flexible sole.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
mama2twins
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby shoe help?

I have the "old style" looking Primigi booties (lace up, "high top") for my boys and got them from Amazon for cheap! They retail at $70, but were priced at $28, then with giftcards, I only paid $5 for 2 pairs! I love them, they can't take them off and they are nice and flexible, but sturdy for walking. Hope that helps.
mama2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
lookatreestar
Registered Users

what about bobux i walks or robeez tredz?

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was in stride rite the other day and they have lots of little flexi infant shoes a large variety of styles. They might have had laces I don't remember for sure, I think how easy or hard a shoe is to get off has to do with the shape too, if they are narrower/more form fitting they should be harder to get off I would think.

Are you looking for shoes for him to wear outside? It's pretty hard to get a 14 month old to leave shoes on in the house in my experience lol, and they really don't need them. Kids actually learn to walk faster with no shoes on. My daughter was pretty good about leaving them on outside because she was too busy walking/exploring to take them off. The second she was in the car or sitting down though the shoes came off, laces or not. I found that even with lace shoes she could pull them off unless they were laced tight enough to hurt her. Even now typically the second we are in the car the shoes come off. Even I am that way as an adult, if we are going to be in the car for several hours I will take off my shoes, I can't stand to have shoes on if I don't have to.
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote