Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
Persikka
Registered Users
Formerly: kjoslyn
seller

Arrow Reverse a tubal?

I hope i have this in the right section.

Has ayone here ever have a tubal performed - and then reversed and gone on to have a successful pregnancy? I'm second guessing my tubal i had performed last summer after the birth of my son, wishing now i hadn't done it. But i am unsure if a reversal and possible pregnancy is possible. (Also terrffied of what my OB may say when i tell him - hey - changed my mind!)

Sorry if i put this in the wrong area here.

~Kris

Advertisement

Persikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
mondoowolfe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Reverse a tubal?

You can have a tubal done and it's reasonably successful depending on your doc's experience doing reversals, the type you had (the least damaging types to your tubes leave the most left over to reconnect) and if there is scar tissue. The good news is that yours is pretty recent so you have a slight increase in odds. If you had Filshie clips (stainless steel clips) you have the BEST odds because they only damage about 0.2 cm of tube length vs. when they cut/burn the tube where they damage about 3 cm of length or fallope rings (again, ~3 cm). But I would talk to your doc! I've had about a 75% success rate but I only use Filshie clips. Good Luck!
mondoowolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Persikka
Registered Users
Formerly: kjoslyn
seller

The next time i see him i plan on asking what kind of tubal i had - and if/what my chances of a reversal would be like.. that and if he does them or if he can refer me to someone who might specilize in them...

i'm totally kicking myself in the butt for getting it done now... :ugh:

Persikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:41 AM   #4
Kita
Registered Users
seller

I don't know about cost, but it's generally NOT covered by insurance for reversals. I would suggest looking into IVF....you might find that it's less expensive in the long run.

Def. talk to your doc about your options, though. I'm sure that your case isn't the first time he's had a mother have second thoughts!
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
SarahLiz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to give you a positive story...I had my tubal in 2001, had it reversed in 2004, had DS in 2005 and am expecting DD in August! My advice is to research, research and research some more on the doctors in your area who do reversals. There's a BIG difference in success rates, depending on what type of tubal you had, and what Dr does the reversal. We could have had mine done free through the military, but opted to pay the $7500 for a private Dr that has great success rates and ONLY does reversals. Worth every penny! GL!!
Old 05-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #6
mamato5angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a tubal done in 96 Ex left 6 weeks later (did it for him HE didn't want any more ) Went on to have a reversal in 97 just before I remarried. Mine were banded and the DR that did the tubal also did the reversal. It was $13,000 when all was said and done and I was to be in the hospital for 4 days but was only in for 2
Now I can say that I was unsure about ever having a baby but 5 years later I delivered my son Isaac. His name means- laughter because he came after

So yes it is really possible to go on to have more babies after a tubal. Good luck and do your homework!
mamato5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

those are some great success stories! goodluck mama, i hope your able to have a success story soon!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote