Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #751
DaisyDiaper728
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flats Picture Thread

I'm loving flats for home! In fact, we had been cd full time for the past 2+ weeks (normally she' in 'sposies at least pt for daycare but I have one babysitter who will cd for me) and our water bill went up! :gasp: so I was going to take a cd "break" this week since DD is back on her normal daycare schedule but instead I decided to do just flats and wool or covers in the afternoons when I'm home with her. I got some flats off FSOT and I liked them but they seem a little stiff, so I bought some Gerber flats (I know!) and I love those, they are thin and cheap but so soft! and wash up well. I use two at a time and do a modified neat fold, I have a petite & skinny toddler (17 lbs at 13 months) and I took pics Saturday morning all proud of myself but then DD had a poop blowout in that fold and it got all over her Thirsties leg gussets! I was discouraged for a bit but I figured out how to pull the back over her bum a bit more after putting it on, and that seemed to solve it. So here are my pics.

Lay the flats out, then fold all 4 corners in toward the middle:

Turn so the long sides are the top and bottom, then fold the sides in like a pre-fold (tri-folded):

Unfold the top a little to make "wings":

Fold the front up, and tada! You have a diaper. This fold is too trim for me to add a doubler, but it works fine for my non-heavy wetter, even under wool.

Here it is on:

And under wool:

Advertisement

Last edited by DaisyDiaper728; 06-14-2010 at 03:32 PM.
DaisyDiaper728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #752
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Today was my 2nd attempt at using a birdseye flat. My first attempt using old receiving blankets didn't work, but I am chalking that up to the fact that they were given to me by Dreft users and prob have a ton of buildup. Anyway, I AM IN LOVE WITH THE BIRDSEYE FLATS!!! <3 I ordered 2 of the small bleached flats from GMD with my very first order, but never tried them until now. This was using the kite fold. So, here are the pics.

Lincoln was happy with it, but I saw some gaps around the legs, so I rolled it in and adjusted the snappi.

There, that's better.

Oh so trim and luscious.

Comfy cozy and ready for the day. I usually have to tuck the prefold into this small IV dc, but this trim flat had room to spare. BTW, ds is 5mo and 15+ lbs.
mamastesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #753
4MyBubbies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemama View Post
Today was my 2nd attempt at using a birdseye flat. My first attempt using old receiving blankets didn't work, but I am chalking that up to the fact that they were given to me by Dreft users and prob have a ton of buildup. Anyway, I AM IN LOVE WITH THE BIRDSEYE FLATS!!! <3 I ordered 2 of the small bleached flats from GMD with my very first order, but never tried them until now. This was using the kite fold. So, here are the pics.

Lincoln was happy with it, but I saw some gaps around the legs, so I rolled it in and adjusted the snappi.

There, that's better.

Oh so trim and luscious.

Comfy cozy and ready for the day. I usually have to tuck the prefold into this small IV dc, but this trim flat had room to spare. BTW, ds is 5mo and 15+ lbs.
Looks great mama!! What a cute babe!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #754
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4MyBubbies View Post
Looks great mama!! What a cute babe!
Thanks Mama! I am in love with this thread and have been stalking it.
mamastesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #755
4MyBubbies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemama View Post
Thanks Mama! I am in love with this thread and have been stalking it.
I too am a guilty stalker
Old 06-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #756
mom2LandJ
Registered Users
seller

Yes...very cute little guy! Loving flats here too! MIL is cutting up my flannel sheets to make flats as we speak...hooray!
mom2LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #757
4MyBubbies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2LandJ View Post
Yes...very cute little guy! Loving flats here too! MIL is cutting up my flannel sheets to make flats as we speak...hooray!
WOO WHOO
Old 06-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #758
hurricanechelsea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some action shots of my 11 week old, 15 pounder in flats that I dyed (he hasn't been super cooperative lately, because he's teething):

Front shot, origami fold with my weird closure:

I was getting impatient, so I just folded down the rise, pinned it, and put the wings through the loop that that created, and tied it.

Back view of the same flat:

So when I flipped him back over to tighten the front/attempt pinning it properly, I discovered that he peed, so I started the process over again (and did a really really bad job haha). He does not look thrilled in this picture:

Back view:

These are the Osocozy flats. They've done a great job even though before I used them, all I did was a quick handwash that was really more of a rinse, because I was too impatient to prep them

(I did wash them after dyeing them, though!)
atheist/skeptic, on-schedule vaccinating , anti-alternative-"medicine" , breastfeeding-but-not-lactivist, hospital-waterbirth-with-an-OB-ing, formerly-cloth-diapering, conspiracy-theory-hating , letter-G-usinG mom to a bilingual () boy, born 3/21/10-- if you're similar (fully vaccinating a must) and in Maine, PM me!
hurricanechelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #759
MommyMandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have been using recieving blankets for a few weeks to test out the love and oh boy, I do love them. They work better without a cover for us than pfs to wear around the house when it's so hot. I definitely can't wait to get some flats and dye them.

My first attempt
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #760
4MyBubbies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanechelsea View Post
Some action shots of my 11 week old, 15 pounder in flats that I dyed (he hasn't been super cooperative lately, because he's teething):

Front shot, origami fold with my weird closure:

I was getting impatient, so I just folded down the rise, pinned it, and put the wings through the loop that that created, and tied it.

Back view of the same flat:

So when I flipped him back over to tighten the front/attempt pinning it properly, I discovered that he peed, so I started the process over again (and did a really really bad job haha). He does not look thrilled in this picture:

Back view:

These are the Osocozy flats. They've done a great job even though before I used them, all I did was a quick handwash that was really more of a rinse, because I was too impatient to prep them

(I did wash them after dyeing them, though!)
Love the dye job mama!! Cute babe too!!