Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh, I wish men could experience some points of pregnancy

I woke up this morning with a migraine on top of my usual profuse vomiting so I asked my DH to help get my DS ready for school. He glared at me and said, "I wish you'd just wrap your head around this and stop this game already." !!!!!! I couldn't believe it. He's never said anything before about first trimester woes being psychological. And now I'm furious about it.

He must have been in a bad state this morning because he picked a fight with DS as well and he left for school crying, which just makes me even more mad. He has no right to take it out on the kids if he's frustrated.

I'm tired of feeling like junk too and needing extra help with my responsibilities. I really hate this part of pregnancy and can't wait until I move on to the next stage, but he seems to think I'm milking it and making things up. I don't know what to do. Unless he actually gets a taste of what it feels like, he's never gonna get it. With my last pregnancy, he got a 24 hour stomach bug and threw up once and he said, "Now I know how you feel." Yeah right, like that even scratches the surface.

Ugh, I just needed to vent. I'm so tired of this!

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ugh, I wish men could experience some points of pregnancy

I'm so sorry that you've had such a bad day so far, mama! Sometimes men just have absolutely NO clue! Hang in there..I know ms seems like it lasts FOREVER but it will end! Many, many hugs to you!
Old 05-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

momma I know EXACTLY how you feel! My DH loves to tell me pregnancy is a state of being not an illness!! Right now I am sick as a dog and my house work is falling behind. Hope you get past this stage real soon!
Old 05-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WOW. Just WOW. I wish your DH knew how lucky he is he is married to you and not to me. . . . You are carrying his baby. He has no idea how it feels, but that doesn't give him an excuse to be an a$$ when you ask him for help. . . Want to borrow my rolling pin ? mama. I am thinking up aweful things to do to him and he is not even my DH. . .
Old 05-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
kimsclothkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

but give him a gonnagetit: from all the rest of the mamas that have been in your place!!!
WOHM to NoahJacoband MeganLoving wife to my #1 man, Aaron I have a one of a kind family and a one of a kind life and I'm loving every minute of it!
kimsclothkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
StephNelson
Registered Users

My Mood:

No he did not! WOW I so would have let him have it! I am sorry mama that he was acting so clueless... **Hugs**

~Steph
Old 05-07-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
WOW. Just WOW. I wish your DH knew how lucky he is he is married to you and not to me. . . . You are carrying his baby. He has no idea how it feels, but that doesn't give him an excuse to be an a$$ when you ask him for help. . . Want to borrow my rolling pin ? mama. I am thinking up aweful things to do to him and he is not even my DH. . .
I'd love to borrow the rolling pin! I'll even pay shipping : I guarantee he's not going to be happy when he gets home. I've never heard him say stuff like this before, so I'm not sure where it's coming from. I mean, he's been here on days when I've hardly stopped bending over the toilet. He's been to the doctor with me when they've threatened to put me in the hospital. I'm sure this isn't easy on him either when he's picking up some of the slack, but geez! Maybe next time he's sick I'll leave him at home with our three kids and just tell him to get over it.

I already left him a message telling him that he'd better apologize to DS the minute he gets home and that it's completely unacceptable to take out his frustrations on the kids like that. Poor DS had a hard day at school and I really think it's because it started off so rocky

Looks like we're gearing up for a great weekend - our anniversary (whoopee, now I'm excited) is on Friday and Mother's Day on Sunday. And he just emailed me to say that he wants to go camping for the weekend with one of his work buddies. He's so thoughtful (sarcasm!) Looks like I may have to buy that embroidery machine I've been eyeing. *snicker*

Last edited by Mickiswing; 05-07-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Mickiswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #8
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiswing View Post
I'd love to borrow the rolling pin! I'll even pay shipping : I guarantee he's not going to be happy when he gets home. I've never heard him say stuff like this before, so I'm not sure where it's coming from. I mean, he's been here on days when I've hardly stopped bending over the toilet. He's been to the doctor with me when they've threatened to put me in the hospital. I'm sure this isn't easy on him either when he's picking up some of the slack, but geez! Maybe next time he's sick I'll leave him at home with our three kids and just tell him to get over it.

I already left him a message telling him that he'd better apologize to DS the minute he gets home and that it's completely unacceptable to take out his frustrations on the kids like that. Poor DS had a hard day at school and I really think it's because it started off so rocky

Looks like we're gearing up for a great weekend - our anniversary (whoopee, now I'm excited) is on Friday and Mother's Day on Sunday. And he just emailed me to say that he wants to go camping for the weekend with one of his work buddies. He's so thoughtful (sarcasm!) Looks like I may have to buy that embroidery machine I've been eyeing. *snicker*

I will send my rolling pin to you FFS in the name of defending pg women everywhere I am wishing your DH a very bad case of stomach virus on his camping trip. I am thinking bad water + accidentally left the water tablets at home. . . Can you get to his water purification tablets?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

NAK

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote