Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
Charliesmom2009
FILE WITH PAYPAL if in a transaction with this member! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ as well please.

My Mood:
Re: Need advice Working w/ a breasfed baby

Thanks everyone for the advice
I didnt pump for 2 days because 1st day I forgot my pump and second day I worked through lunch

Advertisement

Charliesmom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #12
konayossie
Registered Users

If you can store some bottles at work someplace, you don't have to have a pump to be able to express milk if you forget the electric one (especially if you need to relieve engorgement)--you can just hand express it. It's super slow, but it can be done. Or you could pick up just a handpump to store at work as a backup. I'm super-forgetful since I became a mother (chronic lack of sleep perhaps? ), so I just stored my PIS at work and transported the bottles only.
konayossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
Charliesmom2009
FILE WITH PAYPAL if in a transaction with this member! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ as well please.

My Mood:

I finially got a "pumping place" so I can take my lactina to work I think I'm going to get a small bag to put my milk in too so I can store it in the frig at work too. Or I can put it in the freezer maybe? I'll see
But pumping is better I'm now getting 4 oz a pump Should I pump 4 times a day now? Say morning mid morning after evening? That way I an get a good supply He's eating about 4 4 oz bottles while I'm gone
Old 06-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

SO 16oz while you are away? Plus solids? I think he might be over eating. Check out kellymom "usually" bfed babies only need 1/1.5 per hour away.

EDIT: is the "caregiver" pace feeding him? BFed babies NEED to be pace fed
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #15
Charliesmom2009

My Mood:

pace fed? My LC told me 16 oz I left him 8 oz today was not enough He ate some yogurt He isnt eating much I'm going to try 12 oz monday I think
Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #16
Charliesmom2009

My Mood:

He rarely eats solids maybe a few here and there. 1.5 oz per hr is roughly 14 oz so 16 oz isnt that much different so I think he's doing well
Old 06-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #17
konayossie
Registered Users

I just wanted to say you're doing great! I am so jealous of your awesome pumping output!
konayossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #18
Charliesmom2009

My Mood:

Hes getting dehydrated and Ithink I'm losing milk Today I cant hand express. I have been giving him formula today I can't quit working, so I decided to pump still and give him formula too. IF it means we wean that's okay.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #19
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

I returned to work when my LO was 6 weeks and I bf him until he was 33 months.

I would pump first thing in the morning and that milk was always used first.

I would then pump around 9:30ish. I wouldn't pump during lunch (I'm a teacher and could only pump on my break or lunch). I would then nurse him as soon as I got home and would pump once I got home.

It was a pain, but I would also pump 2x each day on the weekends.

Keep trying. Have you tried supplements. Oatmeal usually did it for me, but they have other products...Mother's Milk Tea (I think).

I only pumped until he was 14 months. I went on a work trip out of town and my pumping schedule was messed up--plus AF started while I was on away. He'd get the breast whenever I was home and alllllllllllll nighttttttttttttt longggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote