Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Rash - little pink spots

DD has a rash that reappears every so often, its little pink spots (on her front, not so much by her bum) almost like I think that because I use powder detergent little pieces must be left in the diapers and burning her or something. I rinse everything really well, stripped with Dawn not too long ago, and just recently switched to Sportswash hoping that might help. It comes up every so often and I put her in a sposie for the night and put Desetin on her and it clears up by morning, but then it comes back. Tonight her bum is more red too and it looks more like a red patch then the little spots.... I dont know! Ack! Should I try stripping with Calgon? I dont want to wash my pretty diapers too much and get them all worn out, but this rash keeps coming back. I did buy some TTO, so I'm thinking of stripping with Calgon (which I havent done before but heard it might help?) and then washing with TTO every so often, sticking with the Sportswash. If I do all that it cant be my washing routine could it? What if she's allergic to the cloth diapers??

Advertisement

mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:25 PM   #2
kkbtoys
Registered Users
seller

Re: Rash - little pink spots

It sounds like heat rash to me. Does she have it anywhere else? On her back or tummy? Try keeping her in clothes & diapers that are cooler & breath and see if that doesn't help. My bet is that it would clear up even without the desitin. good luck!
kkbtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
archerneleri
Registered Users
seller

that sounds like a classic yeast rash to me! i would take her to the ped to make sure.
ramona ~ WAHM to archer (4/04) and eleri (1/06) and #3 lyra dillyn, due 1.26.08!
someday i'll stock again...Adora Be Be Boutique~ Custom and Boutique Hairbows
ISO: medium knit outer Hillbilly bunny fitteds. perhaps other medium Hillbilly bunnys too.
archerneleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

Could it be something she eats? My dd had runny poo after eating pears and it made a rash every time (acidic?). She'd also get such bad rashes she start to bleed from the rash area (slightly but still scary).

Try some Bum Butter from Northern Essence. Perfect for diaper rash, yeast infections and safe on cloth diapers where Desitin isn't safe and you have to use a liner to protect your diapers.

My ds cannot wear cloth at night. Wakes up with a sore on the opening of his pee pee. I've stripped, changed soaps, boiled inserts to no avail.

If she is just getting it on the outside of her "area" (but not her vaginal opening - wasn't sure where you are talking about) then it could be an irritation from diapers but it'd still be considered a "diaper rash". I'd try liners made out of different material like micro chamois or something opposite of what the inners of her diapers are made of (no microfiber against skin btw). Maybe having something opposite of what the diaper inner is made of will help.

OR, try diaper dust (diaper powder from Northern Essence that is safe on cd's). Maybe it's just too hot in there and it's making her sweat and a small heat rash is appearing. Heat rash is found on the head, neck and shoulders too. Maybe keeping some powder on it will help keep her dry.

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:08 PM   #5
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

has it been hot? dd gets them its a heat rash jmo
Old 06-15-2006, 06:50 AM   #6
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Hm, thanks ladies. I think Im going to try and get some fleece liners. My hunch is that the wetness is bothering her so Im going to try and change her super frequently and get a fleece liner in with the prefolds (we use about 1/2 FB too which already has the fleece, so Im not sure if that what she needs or not). The rash is just on the outside of her skin, like where a cloth diaper would touch her. Its not as dark and bright as a yeast rash would be I think? But we'll keep working on it. I was going to ask what diaper cream to get so I'll have to try that out. I'll keep the heat rash in mind too, I think its more the wetness though. Im going to try and let her go coverless alot so I can change her right when she wets. We'll see... thanks for the help!
Christy
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:30 AM   #7
archerneleri
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy589
The rash is just on the outside of her skin, like where a cloth diaper would touch her.
ah, that's not yeast rash then. does sound like heat rash. ds's cheeks (bottom ones-lol) got this the other day after being at the zoo in 100 degree weather.
ramona ~ WAHM to archer (4/04) and eleri (1/06) and #3 lyra dillyn, due 1.26.08!
someday i'll stock again...Adora Be Be Boutique~ Custom and Boutique Hairbows
ISO: medium knit outer Hillbilly bunny fitteds. perhaps other medium Hillbilly bunnys too.
archerneleri is offline   Reply With Quote