Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #11
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about refund?

Not necessarily. If you actually click "refund" in the transaction details, the fees are refunded as well.

HTH

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2006, 05:42 PM   #12
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontariomama
Not necessarily. If you actually click "refund" in the transaction details, the fees are refunded as well.

HTH
^ yeah that ^

I wouldnt refund. All the other mama has to do is resell it. AIOs are not good for night time. My DD cant wear them longer than 2 hours max sometimes less.
It sounds like you did sell an AIO to the mama.
Hope it gets resolved!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:13 AM   #13
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

OK...I am the momma in question. AIO stands for All In One. Has nothing to do with the padding. Has to do with the waterproof outer layer and they have a built in soaker (AI2's have a snapin or lay in soaker). I use AIO's all of the time-day and night and I almost never have leaks-I usually use Very Baby's but this dipe looked so cute and I thought it was an AIO. However, there is no waterproof layer so it is a fitted dipe-the whole dipe-front to back-was wet. I am not mad at all...mistakes happen and I am sure the momma did not know it wasn't an AIO. As for the refund...I am trying to resell it now as a fitted so that neither one of us have to be out. I am actually asking a little more than I paid (and I asked the momma's permission) so that I could recover a little of my shipping-95 cents more, please don't yell at me! I figured it would be best to try and do this first cuz I didn't want the seller to be out $ when I still have the dipe...doesn't make sense to send it back when it wasn't that much to begin with-but I don't want it. So, does anyone want a cute dragonfly fitted...LOL. Since everyone knows the price now, I would sell it for the same and be out the shipping price.
Mistakes happen Shay...it's OK and I didn't mean to make you upset. I just really won't use anything that's not an AIO and this is not an AIO. I didn't want to be out money for a dipe I won't use but I will try and resell it! I have been CDing for a few years on and off inbetween potty trained kids...LOL and know that this dipe has no PUL (waterproof layer) or if it did, it is no longer working(the material doesn't feel like PUL). Guessing that it had no PUL to begin with though cuz it is a Like New dipe! For the momma who wanted to see a pic of the dipe-you can't really tell in a pic if the dipe has PUL...unless, of course, it's a well know dipe like the FB's, roos, Little lambs, etc. Then you just know cuz you know these dipes in particular.

For Shay-If you want, PM me and I can tell you all the ins and outs of CDing so you know! Keep CDing...it's not that bad, really! ~

As for my opinion on refunds in general, I will usually refund if I think that it's a possibility that the buyer is right about the item-shipping included. However, if I think they are full of it, I might not-it really depends on the situation. I sold an item on ebay once and they wanted a refund. I told them to send it back and I would do a refund and also refund the return shipping cuz it was my fault but I wanted the item back so I could resell it (with the correct info on it, of course). Another time, I sold a working Vsmile to someone who said it was broke-I refunded it and let them keep it cuz I should have tested it before I shipped it-it was working when my kids last used it but it had been a while. Each situation is unique and we learn from them all! You can also sometimes tell if someone is honest or scamming by their feedback...if they are new with no feedback, they *might* be "scamming". If they have been on here for a while and have great FB, I usually give them the benifit of the doubt:-)

Sorry if I shouldn't respond to a thread about me but I really wanted to clarify!
Mindy

Last edited by love2bmom2chris; 06-15-2006 at 01:55 AM.
love2bmom2chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:21 AM   #14
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

And you mommas that don't recommed AIO's at night, I either have a light wetter or the AIO's you have tried aren't that good...LOL. My DD is sometimes in her AIO for 10-12 hours at night and I RARELY have leaks! I usually throw a hemp doubler in her dipe at nighttime and she is good to go! Really-try a VB with a doubler...awesome combination! Wouldn't use anything else!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #15
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL! You can reply, I don't care

I know I just can't be out the dipe and the refund. I only have so many dipes as it is, that I would need the item back to do a refund, and i'd just use diaper pins. We only have 2 or 3 cd's that she can actually use (because of the snaps) and so we've been using sposies anyway, because 3 dipes don't last very long on her! LOL!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #16
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we have the same problem with dd taking off velcro, we ended up putting a pull on cover over the velcro AIO, like a dappi cover..lol. Of course, we sold most of our velcro ones, but i have a few I do use at nite so those get the covers now..lol
Old 06-15-2006, 08:22 AM   #17
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

I understand but if I ship it back, I am out the $2-$3 for shipping return shipping which is just about 1/3 of what I paid anyways! And if you were to not refund the total amount I sent (like someone suggested), I would be out even more. So, just let me try and sell it first-it would be the best solution. Either way I am gonna be out a few bucks cuz if someone buys it, I am out the PP fees and shipping. Not a huge deal though-I know you didn't do it on purpose. I was just actually shocked by some peoples responses. This was totally not my fault but I was amazed at how many people said to NOT refund my money when they didn't even know for sure if it was an AIO or not. By the way, when you told me it was an AIO but you weren't sure what it was made of, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that it was an AIO but that you didn't know what the inner was-like the soaker part. I never thought you meant that it could have been not an AIO-I guess it was just cuz you said AIO.
What kinda dipes with snaps are you looking for? I have 2 Medium Fuzzi Bunz that I have been trying to sell if you want info on them. Bought them a while back but only like velcro and not pocket dipes.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:36 AM   #18
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know how pocket dipes work... I mean, don't you just have to change the dipe every time, anyway!? LOL! or do you just change the soaker part?

Robynne wears larges. She's 22 lbs, and has THICK thighs! She's funny, cause she first found her Belly button, and then the velcro, and then RIP! I don't know if maybe the velcro was bothering her or something, but if I even try, they're on for like 3 minutes..
Old 06-15-2006, 08:57 AM   #19
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

Yep, you change them every time but the dipe has a pocket that the soaker slides into-makes for quicker dry time...but also for more work, IMO. I have a large Motherease wrap with snaps. You could use the dipes with velcro and put the cover with snaps over it. Then she shouldn't be able to get it off.