Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #11
Snazzy Fannies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Infant carseats

Quote:
Originally Posted by five-littlemonkeys View Post
The twins came home from the hospital weighing just over the 5# min and they fit fine(Britax Wizards), they needed receiving blankets next to them but they’d of needed those in infant seats too (my old 2 did). Asterix was 7.5# and he fit great (Britax Boulevard)!
Do you by any chance have any pictures of your babies in their seats??? I'd love to see how they fit. Most nb's just don't fit the Britax seats properly. I'd love to see some that did! Especially 5lbers!!

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I carry/wear my 3 mo DD everywhere. That seat has been out of the car all of 10 times.

However, I do have her in a Graco Snugride for safety reasons. According to two friends (whose DHs are medics) this is safest for infants. I know the government rates a lot of seats as "safe" but I prefer to go with the advice of the men who see these kids AFTER the accident.

That being said, as soon as she grows out of her snugride, I'll be putting her in the britax. Is it more expensive? Yes, but my feeling is I have already buried one (she had a heart condition) and miscarried two others so I am not about to put a price tag on my DD's safety and life.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #13
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had babies in Nov, Jan, and March in Michigan. And it gets coooooooooold here. I keep buying fleece snowsuits. I never use them. I never use any snowsuits on babies. I sling them and use a hat and a blanket.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #14
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Mamas! You brought up so many points that I hadn't thought of, which is exactly why I asked you! I think I'm going to go ahead and take it, after all, it's free. And I do think it's safer for infants. Once we've got it, and the baby is here, I'm sure it won't take long to figure out what works the best for us
Old 05-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #15
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aept View Post
If it was summer, I might not bother, but since it will be cold and you can get an infant seat (with no history of accidents, I am assuming!!!) for free/cheap, I would go for it.
Yeah that. I was thinking of going with a convertible from the get-go, but since it will get cold by the time the baby is 3 mos, I think it will be nice to be able to get him into the house without disturbing him. I wouldn't spend extra money on it, but since its free, why not?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #16
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaysKidz View Post
Do you by any chance have any pictures of your babies in their seats??? I'd love to see how they fit. Most nb's just don't fit the Britax seats properly. I'd love to see some that did! Especially 5lbers!!
We only have video!! I will forever regret not getting pictures!! I’ll see if DH can find the video and load it when he wakes up (graveyards). I think Photobucket now has a video option.
They looked so itty bitty in those huge seats but the straps where sung and with a receiving blanket on each side for extra support they fit.

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote