Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #131
Registered Users
Re: who do you know that refuses to BF?

Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Mama, I am truly sorry you had issues. I did have TRUE issues with my second and thankfully I worked through them and was finally able to wean off of donor and goat milk supplements to go on to successfully EBF. With my first though I didn't have true issues even though I told myself for a long time that I did. It was just my own ignorance.

At the risk of being flamed [in regards to the bolded part in your post]...When I see LITERALLY 4 or 5 women in the formula aisle of Walmart all buying formula for NEWBORNS/VERY young infants....or sitting in the WIC office [when I was on it], with LITERALLY 10-12 other women ALL bottle feeding with formula admittedly and hearing their conversations about how they didn't even try because formula was "free"....It DOES irk me. It does make me doubt many woman. The simple fact is not THAT many women have TRUE issues. I don't believe it, I do think much of it is excuses. That makes me "one of those lactivist nazis", but I know in my heart that 99% of the women mentioned above had no issues. It's very sad to me that they did not even view BF'ing as a health decision for their child. It was just "free"

ETA: On the WIC office scenario. This happened and came up because I was BF'ing my youngest who was about 5 months old at the time and we all started chatting.
WIC was actually part of the reason I wasn't TOO stressed about switching to formula. Yes it's helpful, but it's just having it there that was really influential (DD last got my milk when she was 5mo)

~Rhonda, 23 Single Mama to my beauties Angelique 4-9-08 And Krystopher Edmund 9/14/10 11lbs 9.2oz VBAC babe!
LillyIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #132
Registered Users
Re: who do you know that refuses to BF?

[QUOTE=laceymr;10570485]I have no issues with anyone who tries and can't... it's those who decide early on (in pregnancy) that they will not BF that irk me.QUOTE]
Ditto to this!

-Brittnee, wife to Jason (10/06) and BFing SAHM to Bradon Randall (10/09) ready for the CDing adventure!
DeJarnatt21 is offline   Reply With Quote