Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #11
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Does your child hate diaper changing time?

Yes my son hates it 99% of the time!! Tonight before bed was awful!! He was freaking out and rolling and kicking and would NOT let me put it on for over 30 minutes. Then I got it on and he ripped it off....it isn't usually THIS bad, but he never just lays there.

I think for him it's because he is sooo busy and hates to stop, plus if he says no he wants to show me that HE is right. I have a little more luck if I can elmo and tv and let him watch that. He makes everything difficult though , so I guess I am use to it.

Advertisement

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kaiya - same bday - cool
yes I guess it's the stage she's in. I guess it's fun to see her so lively but I am not liking cloth diaper so much right now cuz of the frequent changes. Maybe I will have to look into seventh generation ... boohoo.

wife to DH Chris and mom to beautiful Esther 8/12/06
dreamtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:54 PM   #13
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtiger View Post
Kaiya - same bday - cool
yes I guess it's the stage she's in. I guess it's fun to see her so lively but I am not liking cloth diaper so much right now cuz of the frequent changes. Maybe I will have to look into seventh generation ... boohoo.
Its hard, my ds is going through this stage too. Can't he just love his diapers as much as I do

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #14
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I gave up this week- seriously- EC is just easier for us now than trying to gator wrestle for a dipe change. My first didn't hate it so much until closer to a year.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 AM   #15
CamoMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hate? No....but it is totally an inconvenience to her busy schedule! Gator wrestling would probably be easier, you don't have to get a Snappi around a gator!

My 2yo, on the other hand, doesn't mind a BIT. I have to keep reminding myself that this 2yo was my champion wiggler when she was her younger sis' age.

This, too, shall pass.......
Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 AM   #16
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS used to HATE diaper changes. He would scream the minute we set him on the changing table. Once he got a little older though, around a year or so, we started changing him on the couch instead. We'll usually turn on Noggin for the 1 minute it takes to change him (or if its after 6pm, I get DH to read him a book/sing him a song). Now, for the most part, he cooperates. There are times still when hes tired or hungry and hes unable to be distracted, but those are, at the most, once a day.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 AM   #17
shell015
Banned
seller

I have all of DS shoes laid along the edge of his changing table. When it's time for a change he likes to play with them. It keeps him more still. While out and about I give him a toy to play with.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:34 AM   #18
Diaper Change
Time for a Diaper Change
seller

My Mood:

I think it's a phase. I remember my ds did it when he was in diapers for a while but got over it. Now my dd at 7 months is starting to fight me too.
Diaper Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:08 AM   #19
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

OMG, danny started this week also. Screams like I am beating him silly and tries to roll over. He is a week younger than your dd. I feel so much better knowing it's not just me! I was beginning to wonder if it was the cloth dipes. I feel like I should remember this stage, he is my third, after all! OH well...
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:58 AM   #20
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oooo, I like the hand mirror idea!

Ya'll should try stickers. It is not a permanent fix, but it does help for a couple of weeks until stickers get old! I put a sticker on my DD's hand, nose, belly, etc. Then I eventually resort to handing her the entire sticker sheet and she proceeds to take every sticker off. But...those diaper changes area a breeze!