Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I thought day's like this came in another 12 weeks...

(I just read what I wrote below... just stream of consciousness about my day! Feel free to read or not!!!)

I have been feeling awful lately, I have been getting exhausted just walking room to room, I feel like I did in my last trimester the last 2 times.

I have been contracting like crazy, and today had 2 hours of painful BH contractions that I have had to pause and concentrate through. It seems like even the slightest activity is setting them off.

My midwife is out of town for the weekend, but I spoke to another sweet midwife who immediately said ' Have you had low iron issues in the past?' - Then it clicked! Of course. So... I have taken just one iron tablet and already have a little extra energy.

DH took the day off work since I haven't been up to doing much or watching the girls (he is so sweet). I've been banished to bed with the mac and my gallon tankard of water. The contractions have finally started to slow down and do-intensify. I have permission to leave the bed per DH's orders only for a bath or to go potty.

I don't have any instincts that there is anything to worry about... but taking it easy all the same and keeping an eye on things. Both of my girls were full term, so I think it's my bodies way of telling me to slow down after a really hard few months.

Advertisement

Rosie, English born and bred, Wife to Josh, Mama to her all American daughters, the delightful little lady Esther Rose (April 06) , Sweet cuddly monkey Rachel (August 08) and sweet little Joel Athanasius (Nov 2010)
Esthersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: I thought day's like this came in another 12 weeks...

Sounds like your body is telling you that hubby's orders are exactly what is needed! So get you a nice book and a hot bath and relax momma.
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Honey :-) The bath is running, the kettle is boiling and I have a book picked out!

How are you??
Rosie, English born and bred, Wife to Josh, Mama to her all American daughters, the delightful little lady Esther Rose (April 06) , Sweet cuddly monkey Rachel (August 08) and sweet little Joel Athanasius (Nov 2010)
Old 06-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Chrijodo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hormonal and feel like I'm bruised from the inside out this evening. But other than that. AWESOME hehe

I'm really really not ready for these girls to come. And the fact that they'll be here in 87 days or less has me really spazing out today. I'm overwhelmed with issues that my 2 boys have currently and can't imagine adding 2 more to the mix. I need a valium LOL might have to settle on a good book (really need new books.. don't think I have anything left to read) and a warm bath myself.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh gosh I can't imagine! You poor thing! I can't believe it's only 87 days, that is crazy!

What is going on with your boys right now?

Everytime I start to get slower and more pregnant I think 'Oh my, how on earth am I going to handle another one???' - But, you are going to do great :-) I think the challenges really make us into stronger, better mommies!

What do you like to read?

I just started reading 'A Mother's Rule of Life' - It's about creating a good schedule and atmosphere in your home, I'm about 2 chapters in and it's really good! Def. what I needed right now.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:

((hugs)) I am so glad the iron made you feel a little better. I hope your enjoying your bedrest at least a little. It can be nice to escape to the bed sometimes especially when the body is tired or signaling for rest.
Not to mention a good book sounds cozy!
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:

Oooh, Rosemary! I sooo feel you! My ankles are swelling, my leg's swelling, I'm slow, out of breath. It's HOT and HUMID here! I'm just flat worn out! It's been about a week since I really...really fought the contractions, but they're definitely still happening nearly daily. My migraines have kicked in full force, too. And since my doctor is a complete idiot, I can't do anything about them (hooray, fixing to change doctors! ). I so feel you! I'm so glad your DH got to take some time off while you rest, though! My sweet husband tried really hard to contain DS today...but when we try to keep DS away from me, he wants me even more which breaks my heart and I cave!

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
Chrijodo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My little guy won't sleep through the night. He's 2 1/2 and just won't do it. He used to sleep through the night with no problem but for the last 6 months or so he wakes up MULTIPLE times a night. I don't know why. We're all exhausted. He doesn't nap during the day and he NEEDS the sleep at night but he's not getting it so he's a crab pot. It's hard to know how much of this is typical 2 year old. How much is just his personality and how much is his medical issues (he's a special needs kiddo)

My older guy has a ton of behavioral issues that we've been fighting to get evaluated and almost a year later they are finally listening to us and believe there is something going on with him. His behavior has gotten exponentially worse in the last year and he's falling behind in preschool and really needed this evaluation done a year ago. He's already got a slew of diagnoses and now they are saying they might all be wrong and it might be another diagnoses all together but they want to get him in with a neuro-developmentalist to be evaluated. The one in the area that will take kids his age has a 10 month to 2 year waiting list Meanwhile.. he's slipping further away.

As far as reading...

I love to read pretty much anything I can get my hands on. I just finished reading the Maximum Ride series. I have read the entire J.D Robb "In Death" series (Nora Roberts under a different name). I read a ton of different genres. I've of course read the Harry Potter series (a few times) and the Twilight series (more than a few times). I've lately read a bunch of books on twin pregnancy and feel like i could probably recite the books I've read. And MOST recently I've read the chapters required for my schooling which is TOTALLY boring but it was 120 pages of something anyway.

One of my favorite books is "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" and I also love the book "Alas, Babylon". Like I said I read a little bit of every genre I think. I guess that's what happens when you are reading Dean Koontz and Stephen King at 11.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
Lucysmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am soooo jealous!!! Your DH is so kind and thoughtful. I would do just about anyting for a day banished to bed or a bath. Hope you feel better and re-energized Mama!