Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
heathero
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any other bedresters?

I'm still here in the hospital as well, 2 weeks down. I came in w/ contractions at 31 weeks and 3 min apart and was put on a high dose of mag. and terb shots. I then began to collect fluid in my lungs, making it hard to breathe. They had to lower my mag and give me Ventaline (sp) tablets. I have been yoyoing with the contractions and having to get the Terb shots. I am missing my kids terribly and keep telling myself "I can do this". Dr will deliver at 36 weeks, so 3 weeks left!

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #12
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 07-21-2011 at 11:19 AM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #13
heathero
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiSapphireJade View Post
Heather- I'm sorry to hear the Mag did that to you. I came in with just getting over a chest cold and it made me feel pretty heavy but I was careful about fluid intake and didn't have to be on it longer than 36 hours and was able to bounce back pretty well. I hope things go smoothly for you from here on out! Any reason why they are waiting to 36 weeks? It seems like this hospital that I am in is comfortable with just 34 weeks.
I guess 36 weeks is the least risky. My last 2 delivered at 34.5 and 35 weeks and spent 5 days each in NICU, although my 35 week baby had a much harder time w/ lung immaturity problems. Although it would be nice to deliver next week, I would never forgive myself if something was wrong w/ baby and I chose to go against the Drs advice. I'm kinda jealous of you mamas delivering at 34 weeks...3 more weeks here sounds like an eternity.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #14
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 07-21-2011 at 11:18 AM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #15
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have 2 weeks left before they will deliver. The doc said today that we will set an exact date for my C-section this week. Part of me wants to just get it over with at 34.0 and part of me feels like if I can hang on a few more days then Jack might not have to spend as much time in the NICU. The only thing is that I have to be on Magnesium the whole time. The contractions are further weakening my lower uterine segment and they risk for uterine rupture is high. I don't know. By the time I deliver and recover, I will have been here a month. As you ladies know, it is hard on the kids and the DH.

So weird that there are at least 3 or 4 of us on hospital bedrest. Anxious babies.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #16
ZooMamaTo3
Registered Users
Formerly: ZooMamaTo2
seller

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is doing okay today. I had another bleed last night but it was short-lived and stopped within about 10 minutes. It was over faster than my OB was able to call me back, so she told me to rest at home tonight and then call in the morning to come in for an NST and to be monitered for a while. Now I am just biding time until I can call at 9 when they get into the office.

My girls are all set to start full-time daycare next week, which I am NOT happy about, but it is for the best. We are still trying to save DH vaca time for when the baby actually comes and all of our babysitters are getting burnt out already.