Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #91
sustone
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2010 Weekly Chat ~ June 21-27

HBM- the bg organics are my personal fav and I got 10 of them on FSOT for 150! Lily cant wear velcro since she takes it off and I dislike microfiber. Its funny cuz initially I got them to make it easier on DH- well today I slept most the day since I was up 30 hrs for work and he had her in prefolds all day

Advertisement

married to my best friend and high school sweetheart for 7 yrs. SAHM to Madison(8 going on 18), Lilian- 18 months, our miracle born in March 09 after 3 yrs TTC with fertility treatments and IVF and FET, conceived while we took a "break", and Logan (8/11/2010)- my induced no pain med labor-OMG!!! Always remembering Tim......Working very PT as a float pool RN and loving my happily ever after.....
sustone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #92
RochelleS
Registered Users
Formerly: shae
seller

My Mood:

Update on DH: The ER called me and wanted me to come in (even thought DH wanted to handle it alone!) because they were going to give him some sedation medication through an IV to relax him to try to go in and look around and pull the bone out if they could find it, and they needed a responsible party to drive him home afterward. I went in and they gave him the medicine. They saw the bone but couldn't get it. This was at our small-ish local hospital ER so they said we would have to go to the big hospital an hour away with more equipment.

I got my dad to pick up DD and then DH and I went down to the big hospital. We were there for HOURS. He got x-rays and they put a scope up his nose/down his throat to look around. They said his throat was super scratched up, bruised, and bleeding but couldn't find the bone. Either he swallowed it or it's so deeply embedded in the tissue that they couldn't find it. It's just a matter of waiting a few days and seeing if he gets better or not. If not, they'll go in with him under general anesthesia and find it. Fingers crossed he actually swallowed it and he gets better!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:57 AM   #93
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rochelle - that sounds awful! I hope he did just finally swallow it and you don't have to go back to the ER again. Wow.

We are working on the nursery this weekend. We pulled off the paneling and are patching up the drywall that was underneath. Hopefully will finish the patching today and start the priming/painting marathon tomorrow. I can't wait for the room to be done so I can start pulling the baby stuff up out of the basement! I am anxious to get that started.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #94
Tia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No time for personals, just wanted to update on us.

I've been having bouts of contractions lasting 3-4 hours and then petering out. It's actually really annoying, but I'm hoping they are starting to ripen the cervix and prepare. I'd love to have this baby before the 19th. DD was induced 4 days after her due date and we were positive of conception. I'd like to avoid that this time since it will be getting so much hotter.

We're off to my mom's today. She's doing a baby shower/Alaina celebration for us. I'm excited. She gave out the list of homebirth supplies we need, so it would be great to get a lot of those things taken care of! I am excited.
and born at home Alaina Jean 8.21.2010 7lbs11oz, 20"
Surro twins- 1.6.2013- 37 weeks, born vaginally
5lb11oz and 4lb8oz
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #95
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmingly View Post

We are working on the nursery this weekend. We pulled off the paneling and are patching up the drywall that was underneath. Hopefully will finish the patching today and start the priming/painting marathon tomorrow. I can't wait for the room to be done so I can start pulling the baby stuff up out of the basement! I am anxious to get that started.
take before and after pics. I love to see that stuff!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #96
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia View Post

I've been having bouts of contractions lasting 3-4 hours and then petering out.
I was up making freezer jam last night (strawberry and raspberry...YUMM) until midnight. It took me about 3 or 3.5 hours of standing to finish up, and I starting contracting during that. I finally laid down and they stopped. They didn't really hurt, but they sure aren't comfortable. Other than that, I haven't had any more than one or two at a time, thankfully.
megs715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #97
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've been doing pretty decent. The wkend was long but we got to see Newsboys so it was worth it. I of course didnt stay hydrated enough so I was miserable. I am also getting worried that I am going to lose my mucus plug completely soon. I have been getting random small pieces but nothing too bad. I just promised dh that I would put myself on couch rest for a couple of days to try and recoup. My sil wants me to to head to her house thursday morning to go and see a movie. but its an 1.5 hrs away one way. I don't know that that is a good choice for us. I tried the drive yesterday on our way back from the concert and I was stiff and the babies were unhappy. I feel terrible canceling on her bc she really wants to spend time with me but ya.