Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #11
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: ~~Daily Chat Monday 6/28~~

steph: thanks! and no, we aren't supposed to sleep on our backs, but it feels SO GOOD!! i asked my dr. about it and said if its comfortable for me, then go for it! He told me that if its going to cause issues, then i will feel uncomfortable. so, i slept on my back for part of the night when 9 months preggo with both boys!!

kealii: YAY for early leave!!

ceci: do you have to work, or jsut want to? maybe you could take a break from the job search until next spring, after the babe is here...It might just be me, but i bet a lot of ppl won't hire you b/c they know they will have you leave right away for maternity leave...so not far! Also, at least around our home town, we have a TON of elementary ed teachers, and no positions...all of the old teachers are retaining their positions b/c of the recession. my friend applied and asked how many others were up for the job. the guys told her they are interviewing about 60 teachers right now for ONE spot! yikes! SO, keep your head up.. it is most likely NOT YOU!!

a deer just walked right in front of our front porch!! ds1 just said that it is his reindeer in his yard

Advertisement

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #12
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by howmanykids View Post
steph: thanks! and no, we aren't supposed to sleep on our backs, but it feels SO GOOD!! i asked my dr. about it and said if its comfortable for me, then go for it! He told me that if its going to cause issues, then i will feel uncomfortable. so, i slept on my back for part of the night when 9 months preggo with both boys!!

kealii: YAY for early leave!!

ceci: do you have to work, or jsut want to? maybe you could take a break from the job search until next spring, after the babe is here...It might just be me, but i bet a lot of ppl won't hire you b/c they know they will have you leave right away for maternity leave...so not far! Also, at least around our home town, we have a TON of elementary ed teachers, and no positions...all of the old teachers are retaining their positions b/c of the recession. my friend applied and asked how many others were up for the job. the guys told her they are interviewing about 60 teachers right now for ONE spot! yikes! SO, keep your head up.. it is most likely NOT YOU!!

a deer just walked right in front of our front porch!! ds1 just said that it is his reindeer in his yard
We make it on DHs salary, but barely and we're not paying our student loans. I don't want to work, but I really need to. I've been trying every summer for 3 years. I resigned from my last job.....stupid me. I didn't want to teach SPED. I really do think it's me. I've probably had 15 interviews in the last 3 summers. I have experience, a masters in teaching and sped training. Then they say it's who you know. Well, apparently not because I knew ppl this time. I tired. I just want a job. I can't be the crappiest teacher in the area. i can't. But I sure feel like it. And, I only have you guys and FB to talk about it. Every one of my IRL friends are working. Booooooo.

Weird about the deer. Must be hungry
Old 06-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #13
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Cecili~ ill keep you in my prayers that youll find something!!

Stephanie~ hope you get the green light to DTD!!

Good luck on the apts this week!!

AFM~ I made home made donuts this am! they were soooo good! But i feel guilty for eating such fattening foods. i am gaining too much weight IMO but i dont eat like this all the time. I am really going to have3 to P90X this weight off all winter! I think i am going to go for a bike ride. chat soon mommas!

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #14
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'mommakaye View Post
Cecili~ ill keep you in my prayers that youll find something!!

Stephanie~ hope you get the green light to DTD!!

Good luck on the apts this week!!

AFM~ I made home made donuts this am! they were soooo good! But i feel guilty for eating such fattening foods. i am gaining too much weight IMO but i dont eat like this all the time. I am really going to have3 to P90X this weight off all winter! I think i am going to go for a bike ride. chat soon mommas!
I need some homemade donuts. How do you do it?? I'll eat my sorrows away!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #15
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just stopping in quick to say Hi to everyone..

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cecili- Sorry about the job hunt. Both my sister and BIL are specialize teachers as well and have had trouble getting jobs in the past and all the schools weren't shutting down like they are around here now. Have you looked into private schools? I know there are some issues with retirement with them, but maybe it could get your foot in the door. Or sometimes homeschool co-ops use teachers for specialty classes like math and science. I know my neighbor across the street takes her son to a math teacher.

Yay for our US this week! Cecili so glad you finally get to see what you are carrying, maybe it will help take some anxieties away and FX Katie that you can DTD!!!

AFM- I have been trying to clean up the house for DH's party tonight. Unfortunately I have no motivation and everytime I start DD needs to go potty or has a tiny accident or BH CX start up. I really wish I could get her over this potty training hump. She was doing really well and the last few weeks she has had a lot of accidents. I think it is because we have been out and about a lot and she is in training pants, which feel like a diaper so she just pees in them and then she pees even when she is naked! Most of the cleaning is finished, just have a few more things. I need to finish up DH's cake and run to the store for some last minute supplies. I have already had 2 people call saying they can't come. I hope no one else backs out, because I decided to go with catered food, oh well at least it is some our fave food, so we can freeze and eat later if we have too many leftovers. Then last night MIL called saying that DH's BIL is in the hospital for a possible heart attack or severe dehydration. So SIL and BIL are obviously not able to come. They actually live very close, but they were on vacation when this happened, so it is even more nerve wracking because they are so far away and we can't go help out or visit.

I'll check in later. I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #17
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HOMEMADE DOUGHNUTS that sounds GOOD! lol I should come over to your house for breakfast krystal

Cecili - I hope you find a job love hang in there, dont put yourself down. The job you will get is just waiting for you!

Katie - I hope you get to have some booty!

Steph- good luck with your sons visit, i hope its not as overwhelming as you expect and turns out good

AFM- back to the work grind *sigh* I enjoyed my weekend off! although I didnt get to see my boys as much as id hoped, i still thouroughly enjoyed the weekend off! lol
cman is crabby today, kinda driving me nuts. My dh's bff lives with us, and his gf (also my cousin) sleeps over on the weekends with her son and he always wakes up connor in the middle of the night, and EARLY in the am, so connor tends to be crabby on the weekends, because of lack of sleep.. so im annoyed with that whole situation.. im hoping they move out together soon! I would really love the house back to ourselves again, and i miss walking around without a bra on
I took a nice relaxing bath last night with dh.. ahh.. it was awesome! I love our whirlpool.. its amazing
Korin mommy to connor 1/11/07 and Addison 11/15/10 due with baby #3 11/10/15
wahm behind Shizz Knitz
connorsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #18
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oopsies
Korin mommy to connor 1/11/07 and Addison 11/15/10 due with baby #3 11/10/15
wahm behind Shizz Knitz

Last edited by connorsmama; 06-28-2010 at 09:47 AM.
connorsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #19
SimpleAtHeart
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good Morning Ladies !!!!

I worked this weekend ~ I`m an RN and I work at the hospital. I find it stressful and draining.
We homeschool, and so this AM.... the kids were up, anxious and ready to go (not me so much ). Needless to say, school work has been light today and the kids are now having fun in the pool.
It`s hot here (Rhode Island)~ is it a hot day in your area today ???
SimpleAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #20
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:

ok Korin: you just made me EXTREMELY jealous!!!! I LOVE baths!! My tub is so short that the water doesn't even cover the boobies!!! I can't wait until we move and i can have my tub!!! DH and i took a bath together on our honeymoon, and we had rose petal and wine..*sigh* it was SO nice!!
and about ppl living wiht you: TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!! SIL and BIL lived with us for the last month and a half and just moved out a few weeks ago! It is so nice ot have the house back and i totally agree about the bra thing!!!

i made homemade doughnuts last friday they are SO good!!! and, i have been on a huge cookie dough kick ( i know, i know...salmonella.... its just SO GOOD!!) I bought a tube from the store and have been eating a few bites every night

I GOT MY SON TO EAT SOMETHING!!!
he has dropped from the 75% down to the 5% in weight, and lost 2 pounds since he turned one (he is almost 16 months) He just decided that he doesn't want to eat anymore..no matter what it is....even marshmallows! SO, he is on carnation instant start breakfast since he is still drinking lots of milk. for lunch though, i got him to eat noodles with alfredo sauce!! YAY!! he ate lots!! and now he is giving me a pat on the back and a hug love baby hugs!!

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote