Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #41
CrazyLeoMom
Registered Users

Re: **New question**What is expected of your 7 year old?

After reading all these posts I am starting to think I don't expect enough of my 7 year old. I make him clean his room when it starts looking like a tornado hit it and I make him put his used dishes in the sink. Other than that I do everything for him... I pick out his clothes in the morning. He still takes baths but when it's time to wash his hair I do that too... Maybe I should start adding things to his "to do" list...

Advertisement

CrazyLeoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #42
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: **New question**What is expected of your 7 year old?

All my kids have a list of chores. My 8 yr old has been unloading the dishwasher, collecting dirty laundry for my 11 yr old to wash, cleans downstairs bathroom, keeps her section of bedroom clean (all 3 girls share a room), and waters my flowers during times of year we have them. She bathes herself and washes her own hair. I do occasionally wash her hair just to make sure it's getting really clean - but I also have to do that for my 11 year old because her hair is so ridiculously thick, even I have trouble with it.

Even my 2 year old scrapes his plate and throws it (literally, cuz he can't reach ) in the sink when he's done. That is just good habits/manners.