Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
alligood2000
Registered Users

Let's talk COVERS!!! BSWW vs. Thirsties? Others?

I have 4 Thirsties covers and love them BUT, the leg gussets seem to be losing a bit of their 'oomph'. I'm using the large duo's on both my 22 lb. 1 year old and 30lb. 2.5 year old. They're still plenty snug on my older toddler, but they are starting to gape on my baby. I love everything else about the fit on both children. Do they tend to wear out quickly? I need more covers (those are my only 4!) Should I get more Thirsties, even given my experience with the leg gussets stretching? Or should I get some BSWW or even Econobum? Experiences would be appreciated - and price is my #1 driving factor (of course, they need to WORK, but I also want them to be economical). Let me know what covers you love for cheap!

TIA!

-Allison

Advertisement

alligood2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

Re: Let's talk COVERS!!! BSWW vs. Thirsties? Others?

My absolute fave cover is Wonder Wraps, but they have been discontinued! You can still get them from some places on clearance for around $10 each. And they are one size so you can still use them on both children. The only other covers that I use are BSWW and I always reach for those second. I like them but they are a bit bulkier than the WW in my opinion.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
honey2two
Registered Users
seller

We've been ing for a year now, and have mostly just used Thirsties... xs, sm, and now med. We've had no problems whatsoever with them!
honey2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Saird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i actually liked bummis better, I had both superbrites and bsww and loved them both. Currently we are using some kawaii covers, super cheap! And they work good!
Saird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
mich26
Registered Users

I haven't used Thirsties for long enough to compare (just got a duo), but with my first we used some BSWW and the velcro wore out so fast that I'm scared of velcro--I mainly use snaps now. I may try replacing the velcro if I get around to it. But seriously, the laundry tabs didn't hold and the velcro was worn out after only a few months of use (in rotation with other covers, too!). They're a popular wrap though, so maybe others have had better luck!

Our favorite covers (we use them over tri-folded prefolds) are the Wiggle Worm Bottoms, and they're not too expensive new (I've gotten all of ours in EUC off diaperswappers, tho). But it's hard b/c every baby is so different... and of course while I tried about 6 different brands, there are tons more out there that I haven't tried. I almost want to say stick with what you've loved in the past--you could always save the older ones for the older kids , and use the new ones for the baby. (This is unless you just barely started using them and they're already doing that, you didn't say how long you'd been CDing. Oh, and I've read lots of reviews saying the regular Thirsties wraps are higher quality than the duos)

Good luck!
mich26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
mich26
Registered Users

Oh, and I used a Superbrite too, and it was the same story for me--the velcro is shot already.
mich26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
carolyn_mtl
Registered Users

I love my Bummis, they are sturdy, well made, work great, wash and dry well.. Im surprised there are people saying the aplix wore out quickly, I find it much better than the aplix on some AIO I've tried.
carolyn_mtl is offline   Reply With Quote