Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #31
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: **Daily Chat Wednesday June 30/10**

Long day. We had a lot of fun at the outing, but I am exhausted and I know DH will wantto celebrate his birthday when I am ready to go to bed. Oh well he will only turn 30 once. I could have napped with DD but instead I sewed the whole time. I finished my pile of tshirts that I cut out yesterday for extended tab prefolds. So my stash is 1 dozen ext PF, a few random contours, aios, fitteds, and I still have our Gro Babys and OS pockets from DD. We will use PUL and fleece covers unless I can get a hold of some alpaca yarn due to my lanolin sensitivity. I only need covers now.

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 07:38 PM   #32
Kealii
Registered Users

Hi ladies! I've been out of it due to visiting family. I've read all the posts but don't have time for individual replies. We traveled most the day yesterday so today's been the first real full day off for DH. Poor guy is so stressed out I think it'll take until the weekend for him to even start to relax and enjoy himself, he was really quiet today. As far as the NB stash, I'll be using the Softbums we have from DD and using prefolds as inserts until the bean grows big enough for the obv inserts i have. I only have 8 covers and the makings for three more so, I'll be doing a LOT of laundry and I'm praying praying praying that I'll actually be able to afford the prefolds before the babe is born. Our financial situation is in the complete dumps right now due to circumstances mostly beyond our control so buying anything at all for this babe right now is 100% impossible. It's not going to get much better until DH gets deployed and even then, I'm not quite sure how much we'll have on top of bills so I guess I'll just be doing a ton of laundry at first with EBF poops on diaper covers, hehe. Part of me is almost hoping for a girl because at this point in time, I have no guarantee how we're going to afford clothing for this bean if it's a boy... sometimes it's way more stress than excitement thinking about this babe and I hate that. Sorry for the dump, just been rough... I need to get some stuff done, hope you ladies are well and I hope to check in more often tomorrow!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #33
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh gena!! so jealous!!!! nothing ready for harvest here yet!! well midwife appointment went well, up 2lbs and uterus measuring 26weeks! Tomorrow is Canada day so in the morning im going to maybe plant another batch of peas and beans and then in the afternoon we are heading to the local festivities, then home for a bbq with bff and baby and boyfriend and then fireworks at 10pm!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #34
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh and for the nb stash:

i am using mostly AIO's (lil joey and xs BGs) and i will have some prefolds as back up.

for when baby is a bit bigger i will use extended tabs prefolds. and thirsties covers and some wool.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #35
Circe
Registered Users
seller

Sandra--I don't know how jealous I would be if you saw all the canning and freezing I have to do. Last summer, I canned 64 qts of green beans and thought I never wanted to see another bean again! I really do love having good veggies all year, though.

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #36
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Has anyone used a bella band before? I need something to extend my shirts a little so I don't have to buy a bunch of new shirts. . . So from what I understand, a bella band goes under your shirt and covers up the space between your shirt and pants. What I need to know though is is it worth it? Does it stay put or are you always pulling it up? Does it constrict your stomach painfully? I dont' really like pressure on my tummy, but if it just feels like a tight t-shirt, that would be ok. And how do you know what size to get? And what's the best place to buy them from (price wise)? Sorry for all the questions. . .