Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
bessaroni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Garnet Gab -July- Monthly Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaBaby View Post
We're going to my mom's tomorrow but no plans for the 4th. We're going to leave DS at grandma's so DP can work on replacing our siding. DS is afraid of fireworks so we wouldn't be going to watch any anyways.
All of my kids are scared of fireworks. They are scared of pretty much anything besides the sparklers. It always throws a wrench in the 4th of July celebrations.

Advertisement

Need cute wall decals? Mention DiaperSwappers and get 15% off at WillowCreekSigns.
bessaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kristie- I've already stopped using my infant carrier like a month ago but Anna's feet were all the way to the end almost then. It doesn't really matter as long as all the other things you mentioned are fine but if you think you might hurt his feet, you might want to switch. I thought you were already using a convertable?

I have a question. Those of you who buy/sell things on FSOT, what do you consider to be a reasonable offer? I mostly just sell...and lately I've been getting all kinds of low-ball offers!! Like people asking for at least $10 off your asking price. To me, when someone says they'll take offers...I usually only offer like $2-5 off (depending on the price...I wouldn't ask for $5 off of something thats $20 and will need to be shipped priority!) Am I really suppose to take these offers???
Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #13
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I voted, Nicole! =)

Our plans for the weekend are a BBQ at a friend's house on the 4th. I am going to try and make a dairy-free dessert to take with me because I always get stuck eating bananas LOL I think we are just going to do a few fountain fireworks and maybe we will make it home in time for the small town display. Ryleigh LOVES fireworks.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #14
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREA0507 View Post
Kristie- I've already stopped using my infant carrier like a month ago but Anna's feet were all the way to the end almost then. It doesn't really matter as long as all the other things you mentioned are fine but if you think you might hurt his feet, you might want to switch. I thought you were already using a convertable?

I have a question. Those of you who buy/sell things on FSOT, what do you consider to be a reasonable offer? I mostly just sell...and lately I've been getting all kinds of low-ball offers!! Like people asking for at least $10 off your asking price. To me, when someone says they'll take offers...I usually only offer like $2-5 off (depending on the price...I wouldn't ask for $5 off of something thats $20 and will need to be shipped priority!) Am I really suppose to take these offers???
I WAS using a convertible but in Bryces hatred of the car phase i switched to the infant seat so i could hang toys on the handle to distract him with in hopes it would help him be less car hatin'. So I'm kinda afraid to switch to the convertible cause there's no place for toys... what does a guy do without his hanging toys?!?!... the answer may be scream, which nobody wants... so yeah i'm torn. ... I'm wondering if i can get something to hang toys over his convertible seat with... I dunno. I also have to bring the seat up to my parents when we visit them in both july and august so i may as well use it til after that, I'll jsut have to watch out for his feet

As for the offers- no, you're not supposed to have to accept ridiculous lowball offers. Some people just wanna see if you'll accept something ridiculous, they figure they may as well try or something. Like I've been selling something for say like- $75... someone is like oh hey, will you take $40... err no, i won't, I'd rather keep it than sell it to you for that.... sorry! I've honestly gotten some offers that were borderline insulting

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #15
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it depends on what it is. Like for instance - I 2 SassyCloth AIO's when I was pregnant. I didn't spend much on them, BUT they leak very easily. It's a shame since the fit is AMAZINGLY trim. They just didn't work well with Emma. Those I wouldn't be too offended if I didn't make much off of them.

But then if it were a pair of longies of hers that I absolutely adored, then I probably wouldn't settle for anything less than $5 off.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #16
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBaby View Post
Its pourinnnnng here- darned hurricane Andrew! I'm hoping it doesnt rain tomorrow, we're going to DHs coworker/friend party which should be fun. We'll probably go watch fireworks in Tampa on the 4th. And DH has a 4 day weekend, so excited, that has never happened!

Is anyone else's bambino getting too long in the legs for their infant seat? I know he can still use it, he's well within the weight range and his head is well below the top of it but his feet are starting to dangle off, im always afraid im going to hit them on the door frame as i carry him out to the car . Do i just have a super long baby? lol

I voted for Mr Caleb too- $1000 bucks and custard sound awesome!
Thank you! And yes, Caleb is getting long, and we have just another inch and he'll be too tall too. Guess I better start shopping for a convertible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I voted, Nicole! =)
Thanks!

Quote:

As for the offers- no, you're not supposed to have to accept ridiculous lowball offers. Some people just wanna see if you'll accept something ridiculous, they figure they may as well try or something. Like I've been selling something for say like- $75... someone is like oh hey, will you take $40... err no, i won't, I'd rather keep it than sell it to you for that.... sorry! I've honestly gotten some offers that were borderline insulting
Uhoh I wondered if I insulted a lady on Etsy earlier this week. She had a vintage cloak that I loved. My friend bought the exact same one from another vendor for $32, she had hers listed for $99. It was marked as "clearance" and she said she wasn't relisting clearance items because they were moving. So I messaged her and asked if there were going to be more markdowns, because I loved the item - she said no, but make an offer. I offered $40, she declined. I had linked the site my friend got it for less, so I hope I wasn't too insulting...
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #17
BuddhaBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessaroni View Post
All of my kids are scared of fireworks. They are scared of pretty much anything besides the sparklers. It always throws a wrench in the 4th of July celebrations.
Ugh, Sawyer is afraid of ALL loud noise and always has been. He even has a pair of headphones he wears for events that will be even remotely noisy!

Quote:
Is anyone else's bambino getting too long in the legs for their infant seat? I know he can still use it, he's well within the weight range and his head is well below the top of it but his feet are starting to dangle off, im always afraid im going to hit them on the door frame as i carry him out to the car . Do i just have a super long baby? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Thank you! And yes, Caleb is getting long, and we have just another inch and he'll be too tall too. Guess I better start shopping for a convertible!
Wow, tall babies!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #18
mommieofpees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey ladies! This weekend we r going to the lake and then Sunday we are going to a friends for a bbq. I cant wait to see if Julian is going to like the fireworks!

[QUOTEOriginally Posted by ANDREA0507

I have a question. Those of you who buy/sell things on FSOT, what do you consider to be a reasonable offer? I mostly just sell...and lately I've been getting all kinds of low-ball offers!! Like people asking for at least $10 off your asking price. To me, when someone says they'll take offers...I usually only offer like $2-5 off (depending on the price...I wouldn't ask for $5 off of something thats $20 and will need to be shipped priority!) Am I really suppose to take these offers??? ][/QUOTE]

I think you should only except what you are comfortable with no matter what because at the end of the day i am sure you dont want to have any regrets about a done deal

So anyone else babys saying anywords? I cant get julian to say anything but dadadada
Old 07-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #19
rycheymomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBVsMama View Post
Hey ladies.

Just thought I'd create a new thread. Should we just make monthly chats, that way we don't have to worry about starting new ones in the middle of the month?

It's just Emma and me this weekend. DH & DS left for Leakey about an hour ago. They are staying in a cabin and floating the river. I really wanted to go, but knew I'd be stuck behind with Emma. I obviously couldn't float with her down the river, or be out in the sun too much. Then being stuck in the cabin by ourselves wouldn't be too much fun since I get no cell phone/internet service.

-sigh-

But to make up for it, my mom and I (& Emma) are going shopping tomorrow!

Tomorrow is also DH's birthday But I won't be with him to celebrate.

What are you big 4th of July weekend plans?
Hope you had a good day shopping, I'm totally jealous since I'm stuck taking all 4 kidddos everywhere now, ugh!
Our celebrations were yesterday here, Canada Day. We had plans but ended up staying home since Paxton woke up really sick with a cough & stuffy nose. Poor guy, all he wanted was to be nursed & held all day. Thankfully he's much better today & is just sleeping a ton instead. I did let the girls stay up till 11:30 pm to watch the fireworks behind our house though, so they were very tired this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Do you ladies mind voting for Caleb?

http://fox8.upickem.net/engine/Detai...&s=4057850&i=1

You will need to register and can only vote for one baby for the contest. Appreciate any help! Winner gets $1000 and a custard party.

If it is not allowing you to vote on that page after you register, go to the voting page and search "Tummy Time". He shows up in the second row.

Thanks!
Just waiting on the e-mail now after registering

Quote:
Yup, this is the main reason we switched Pax to the convertible seat. The fact that he weighs almost 18 lbs factored into it as well though He seems much happier in the new bigger seat too cause he's higher up & can see his siblings better
Old 07-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #20
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycheymomma View Post
Yup, this is the main reason we switched Pax to the convertible seat. The fact that he weighs almost 18 lbs factored into it as well though He seems much happier in the new bigger seat too cause he's higher up & can see his siblings better
Yup- Bryce is about 18lbs too. Our infant seat goes up to 22lbs so I've got 4lbs to figure out how to rig up toys over the convertible seat

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote