Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #51
Avasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Have you ever heard of such a stupid policy?

I guess I can kinda see both sides of it...I agree with PP that there must have been some sort of incident to make that policy necessary. When I delivered DD it was at a hospital that stongly encouraged rooming in, and did not expect you to be awake with ligths on at all times...but they did make you put the baby in the basinette if you were sleeping.

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #52
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sgned out AMA after an ER visit for bleeding in pregnancy and my insurance paid the bill. BTW the policy is ridiculous, I would not follow it, what can they do.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #53
walking-iris
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And it's not like anyone who delivers in the hospital is sleeping in their room in the pitch black dark. When I was in the birthing center and the hospital with my first two I kept some lights on...I mean who would feel comfortable in a strange place, much less a hospital in the dark? And they're always coming in and doing something to you anyway so there's always some sorta light. I mean I cosleep and I always have a strong nightlight going so I can see for dipe changes or breastfeeding or just to watch their sweet sleeping ...I don't even sleep in the dark in my own house.

It sounds ridiculous.
walking-iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #54
katina128
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's true. I always had a light on with the boys and know I will this time, even if it's just a dim one or the bathroom light even. I'm determined not to stress out about it right now, and just go with the flow. I'm more worried about my upcoming loss gestation right now, even though I know things are going well this time and this baby is healthy. My doctor is amazing and is going to do all he can to advocate for me, so I'll leave it in his hands for now.

WAHM behind Lullaby Diapers Portfolio

katina128 is offline   Reply With Quote