Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
Kennoahy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please, Pray for me...

When Honey is unhappy, I can't be happy. I know that this baby is a blessing, but timing is way bad. It was bad with the other two, but seems to be worse now. We have only been married 4 years. Less than a month after we got married, I had a stroke ( thanks to BCP). 2 months after the stroke I was pregnant with our first son. The pregnancy was so bad that I ended up losing my job cause I couldnt function in the classroom and was fresh out of college with no tenure. I ended up getting a new position in the public schools. Anyways, right after my son was born, my parents ( and my sister and her son ) lost their house and moved in with us for 4 months. There were 7 people in a little 2 bed apt. NO FUN. They found a new place adn moved out. They lost the new place in less than a year which forced us to move into a bigger apartment. My sister had another baby. And we got pregnant again. As soon as we got pregnant the 2nd time dh lost his job. He took over at our church as the SR pastor and got a new full time job. Just before Noah was born, everyone moved out and we were finally able to be a real family. Noah had lots of health problems starting at about 3 weeks. Its been crazy. I was diagnosed with PPD and medicated. It was better for a while and now its just terrible again.

Our church family is great at most things, but they expect us to be the LEADERS. We are expected to be the perfect family with well behaved kids. That is just not us. Our marriage is struggling because of the stress of the church, full time jobs, my lazy sister who dumps her kids on us, my 2 sick parents, his mom who thinks she is 18 again and his 7 brothers. All hubby wants is to do is come home to a clean house, happy kids, hot dinner and lots of sex (which I HATE). I know its TMI, but I really needed to vent.

I just feel so cheated sometimes. I love my family, but missed out on being a newly wed. We didnt make that bond early on and now we are really struggling.

Advertisement

Kennoahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You will be in my prayers. God will give you His perfect peace if you ask for it.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #13
silverlightstar
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm praying for you and your family.

Do you have an accountability partner, especially at church? Even pastor's wives need a hug, some edifying and constant prayer.

I am the type that tried to keep our struggles to myself; once I opened up, not only did I gain close friends, but I gained the support I desperately needed.
silverlightstar is offline   Reply With Quote