Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #11
Youngatheart
Registered Users
seller

Re: Adjustable elastic vs snap down rise - opinions please!!!

I've never tried an adjustable WI2, but I love the adjustable settings on Softbums and FBOS. It really makes a difference if you've got a baby that's hard to get a good fit on, because it's so easy to get that perfect custom fit. Granted, it may take a few adjustments the first time or two to get the fit you want, but after that, you just need to adjust it slightly larger as baby grows. But I've never had sagging in the crotch because of the insert with either of these diapers.

I've never seen/used an adjustable WI2, but it seems like it would work fine. I would imagine that it wouldn't be as trim as a PUL diaper because wool is thicker, but if you're used to that difference already, I bet it would be fine.

Sorry I can't be of more help...let us know how you like it if you decided to try one

Rhonda

Advertisement

Flat/Prefold-loving Grandma to five beautiful LOs
!!! I'm so excited...Emma Grace is here...born Nov. 26, 2014 !!!
!!! Welcome Luke David(10/18/08) & Loriana Malise(10/21/08) !!!
Patiently waiting for future grandbabies
Youngatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #12
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thinking about it some more, I think the insert would slip around less on a WI2 than on something w/PUL b/c PUL is so slippery on the waterproof side.

Last edited by boysniris; 07-11-2010 at 08:52 AM.
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #13
nurse&mom23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For a WI2 I would think that adjustable elastic may be better. IMO the snap down rise diapers are more bulky in the front, and since wool is more bulk than pul, I think the adjustable leg elastic may be more trim. Do you have any to look at?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #14
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Yep, here are some pics! Scroll down to the bottom of the page
http://hyenacart.com/Chelory/index.php?c=15&p=25365

Thanks for all your help mamas!! I'm DEFINITELY trying at least one with the adjustable elastic. But I'm getting two of the WI2, and I think I"ll get one of each because what if I don't like the adjustable elastic as much! Not sure if I want to take that risk. I already had to sell the WI2 OS that I got b/c they were too small, and now I'm going for the larger size. I sooooo want them to fit b/c I really really love them!
QHoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #15
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Re: Adjustable elastic vs snap down rise - opinions please!!! Link added for pics!!

Bump for more opinions!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #16
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

Re: Adjustable elastic vs snap down rise - opinions please!!! Link added for pics!!

I used Softbums for a while (AI2 with adjustable elastic) and one of the things I disliked about them was that the crotch ended up being really baggy. I don't think it's quite as simple as just being able to shorten the rise a bit with adjustable elastic (IMO anyway), because that affects the legs as well and you might end up not being able to get the legs tight enough when the waist is a good fit, or vice versa. My LO was going to outgrow Softbums in the rise I think (I sold them), because he has such skinny thighs that a good fit for his legs ended up being quite low in the rise.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #17
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One bonus on the adjustible elastic is how easy it is to replace the elastic if the elastic dies.

Its funny, I like the snap down rise better on little babies because it isn't very bulky (talking PUL here though) and you can't see the rise snaps. Once the rise snaps show I don't like the diaper as much and prefer the adjustable elastic diapers and since babies are big longer than they are little I go for adjustable elastic. That looks like a fun diaper!

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #18
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for your input! I was wondering about that, too, about the legs vs. rise. Good point!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #19
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
One bonus on the adjustible elastic is how easy it is to replace the elastic if the elastic dies.

Its funny, I like the snap down rise better on little babies because it isn't very bulky (talking PUL here though) and you can't see the rise snaps. Once the rise snaps show I don't like the diaper as much and prefer the adjustable elastic diapers and since babies are big longer than they are little I go for adjustable elastic. That looks like a fun diaper!
Good points, thanks! I guess it'll be nice to have both in the stash.