Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

How long...

Im just curious how long diapers have lasted for some of you who have been at this awhile. I look at my pretty diapers and hope they will last through 2 or more babies yet to come, but then I see posts of diapers with shot elastic, etc, and what if mine dont make it that far? How long do they last? Since Im just breaking even with sposie use in $ right now I keep telling myself that the pay off will be in diapering my next kids for free, and in the resale value, but then I hope they last. Some of what I have is new, but some is EUC from other mamas here....

Advertisement

mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
vanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long...

fitteds: my fitteds, mostly mother ease sandy's, held up well through one child, and I expect them to last through this next one. After that, I dunno- they'll probably be kind of sad ...my other fitteds, they aren't holding up quite as well (mostly wahm stuff) but they did fine for one child, will probably be toast by the end of this baby's diapering career...

prefolds- these things will never die. MAYBE after baby 3.

AIO's- with some re-waterproofing, they've done well through 2 kids....but I have replaced elastic on a number of AIO's, probably because I get them used a lot. The elastic always goes first on everything- if you learn how to fix it, you'll really prolong the life of your stuff!
Anna 5/16/04
Sara 7/11/06
vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
Heidiliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been using the same prefolds for over 10 years and they're still in pretty good shape. Some of the fitteds I bought with my ds#1, who is 7 now, are in pretty good shape, too, although I do have several with shot elastic.

www.d65ppc.com - Pay Per Click Management
Heidiliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Waaah, after posting this I saw tonight that there is a snap on my FB right by the snap setting that I always use!! Waaah! Is there a way to fix it or keep it from snagging more?
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote