Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #501
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge! Closed to new contestants but open support for all!

Yay Meghan!!! glad af arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJammy View Post
Thank you Ladies for the Happy Birthdays. It sucked. My family asked me what I wanted and I told them about $20 each so I could get a high chair and some cloth diapers for my son. They said ok. Well, yesterday no one called and wished me happy Birthday, no one stopped by, NOTHING. Not even an IM saying happy birthday from my family. I called my mom today and she said it was cause they were mad at me because I wanted too much for my birthday and I am selfish... WTF! I told them instead of buying me anything, which they usually spend $30+ on each of the other "children or grandchildren" My age. It was my birthday... Sorry ladies to be on a soap box or such, I am just kinda hurt. Oh well, see how they feel when their b-day comes around.

I lost 2 lbs this week
to the bolded!

how could they possibly try to say you were being selfish? You wanted to get a highchair and diapers for your birthday!

Advertisement

Last edited by mama2jack; 07-19-2010 at 10:35 PM.
mama2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #502
SammyJammy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge! Closed to new contestants but open support for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
Yay Meagan!!! glad af arrived

to the bolded!

how could they possibly try to say you were being selfish? You wanted to get a highchair and diapers for your birthday!
Thank you so much hun!! that comment really made me smile!
SammyJammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #503
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday I broke down and bought some new clothes. I was trying to hold out but I am not even close to wearing my pre preggo clothes (that are summer suitable anyway) and I was down to 1 pair of (maternity ) shorts and one skirt that fit. A cleaning rag w/ bleach on it made its way into the laundry and ruined my other pair of shorts and a pair of black capris that fit.
Anyway dh and I went to khols and I found a bunch of stuff on clearance that FIT and I FELT GOOD in that I ended up getting a dress, a pair of capris and 6 tops for $80!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #504
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Just barely down for my weigh in today.. had a really rough week!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #505
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJammy View Post
Thank you Ladies for the Happy Birthdays. It sucked. My family asked me what I wanted and I told them about $20 each so I could get a high chair and some cloth diapers for my son. They said ok. Well, yesterday no one called and wished me happy Birthday, no one stopped by, NOTHING. Not even an IM saying happy birthday from my family. I called my mom today and she said it was cause they were mad at me because I wanted too much for my birthday and I am selfish... WTF! I told them instead of buying me anything, which they usually spend $30+ on each of the other "children or grandchildren" My age. It was my birthday... Sorry ladies to be on a soap box or such, I am just kinda hurt. Oh well, see how they feel when their b-day comes around.

I lost 2 lbs this week
120***110****100****90****80****70****60*** *50****40****30****20****10****pounds to go!
sjscnjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #506
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am so excited, i am in my 220's!!!!I have not seen them in about 3 years! Will never be 230+ again!
120***110****100****90****80****70****60*** *50****40****30****20****10****pounds to go!
sjscnjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #507
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens_mom View Post
Just barely down for my weigh in today.. had a really rough week!

and thanks for your help w/ the spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscnjs View Post
I am so excited, i am in my 220's!!!!I have not seen them in about 3 years! Will never be 230+ again!
: banana:

I love getting to use the happy emoticons, he he.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:29 AM   #508
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

171.4 today - so down about a pound! I won't be one of the biggest losers, but at least I'm still going down. I might see the other side of 170 here yet!
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #509
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
171.4 today - so down about a pound! I won't be one of the biggest losers, but at least I'm still going down. I might see the other side of 170 here yet!
slow and steady is good for us nursing mamas. (even if it is a bit frustrating)
Old 07-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #510
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
slow and steady is good for us nursing mamas. (even if it is a bit frustrating)
Thanks. I'm a bit disappointed - I was actually 235ish at delivery, and was 208 at 8 weeks when I joined a competition prior to this one. So I did really well losing the weight - I'm thinking a combination of the BFing and just being so much over my ideal. But since I hit the 170s I really seem to be plateauing, and it's frustrating as I can't do anything drastic until he weans, yet I'm so close! 12 more pounds to goal and I will be the skinniest I've been in the last 5 years...
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote