Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: After 2 Csections can I have a vaginal?

I have had 2 c's & was considering a VBAC, but my OB wouldn't consider it. It's not quite worth it to me to switch dr.s at this point - I really like the practice I'm with. So one more for me.

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #22
jadefaerie
Registered Users

I didn't read all the responses, but you ABSOLUTELY CAN. And it's totally worth it! If you're in OR, you're in a fabulous place for it. You should find plenty of providers willing to help you out.

Since you're not pg yet, start looking now. That way you can be sure you find someone that won't lure you in and then bait and switch. The absolute best resource for me for my VBAC (actually HBAC!) was ICAN--International Cesarean Awareness Network. I found a local chapter and met with ladies in my area. They know all the local providers, who is good, who isn't, where you can and shouldn't go, etc. Plus they've BTDT and it's a great feeling. There's also an online chapter and they're on FB, etc. Check it out:

www.ican-online.org

You can also scope out local La Leche League or API groups if those are nearby. You'll find a lot of VBAC and homebirthing mamas that can give you advice on local providers. Good luck!
Mom to DD (6/21/05-c/s) and DS#1 (5/2/07-HBAC #1) and DS#2 BORN! 7-21-10 (his due date!!) HBAC #2!
jadefaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #23
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjebillings View Post
Just wanted to comment on one of the posts re. no induction following a C-sec. I was allowed to try a vbac with my second by induction using a foly catheter. A catheter is put through your cervix with a balloon on the other side. The balloon is filled with water and mimics the head of the baby putting pressure on the other side of the cervix. Apparently this has a 97% success rate and too bad for me that I was in the 3%. I dilated 1cm, was doubled over with contractions, was given drugs, fell asleep and when I woke up I was no longer dilated at all and I ended up with another C a week later. Due to a medical condition my babies need to be born by 37 weeks so they won't even let me try this time because they know I don't respond to the induction well. But..... for the other 97% of the population apparently it works and I would definitely try it again if they let me, to avoid having to recover from another C.

My OB mentioned this method as well. He is also willing to give me small amounts of pitocin if I am already 3-4 cm dialated, but not a steady drip of it. He said the big risk is the cytotec/cervadil used to ripen the cervix.

I'm not nuts about any induction method but homebirth is out here.
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #24
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Subbing! I have had 5 c-sections and would give anything for a VBAC!

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #25
jadefaerie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebraskaGirl82 View Post
My OB mentioned this method as well. He is also willing to give me small amounts of pitocin if I am already 3-4 cm dialated, but not a steady drip of it. He said the big risk is the cytotec/cervadil used to ripen the cervix.

I'm not nuts about any induction method but homebirth is out here.
Is there some reason they're pushing you for induction at all? A medical condition like the quoted poster's makes sense, or other unusual circumstances, but realistically induction *should* be avoided (although that goes for all normal births, I won't go there )

Have they told you they'd have to induce if you want a VBAC? That sounds suspicious unless there's a darn good reason.
Mom to DD (6/21/05-c/s) and DS#1 (5/2/07-HBAC #1) and DS#2 BORN! 7-21-10 (his due date!!) HBAC #2!
jadefaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #26
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

Read ACOG's recently submitted report that supports a vba2c!! Yeah!!
Designsbybequi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #27
SKITTLES46
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hopefully I will have a VBA4C come the beginning of next year Soo, definitely a VBA2C is doable! Lots of good home and hospital birth stories out there!
Anabaptist Christian, Homeschooling, EBF, non-vaxing, non-circ, CD'ing, Wife to M (8-15-98), Blessed with DD 11, DS 7, DS 5, and my two reversal babes!, DS 16 months, and #5 due Jan '11!
SKITTLES46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #28
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes you can, but you need to find a provider that will allow it. Many don't around here, sadly.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #29
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes!!! Just you need a provider that isn 't a chicken! So many hear VBAC and run the other way! I had 2 c/s-both horrible experiences and both should have never been c/s. You just need to go over why the others were c/s and come up with a birth plan. I am receiving care at a military hospital and mostly I see the MW there. She did a thourogh work-up on me to make sure I was good to go. We also meet with the perinatologist and got his ok as well. He told me that he is an ob vet, and VBACs don't scare him, but so many other providers freak out and if he isn't on call I may have to explain our reasons for wanting a VBAC. Don't let providers fill your head with false info either. Do your research, start now even before you are preggo! We are filled with knowledge for this delivery and have a supportive MW and doula. So what others say, what get to me, nor will I let false stats scare me. I know doing this is the right and safest choice for us vs. another c/s. I was a good candidate as well for a VBAC since the c/s were for issues with my boys. Bottom line, def do-able, do your research and find a great support team. Best of luck mama!
Nikki-mama to 3 little miracles that complete me. 3 BOYS M-10/06 (my Invitro baby) J-3/09 (my LO that keeps me on my toes) and J-9/10 (my totally unexpected miracle that completed our family) Proud Air Force wife to M.
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote