Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
octobersweetpea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
newbie needing insert advice, please!

Hi mamas!
I need a little advice please... I am working on a stash for my baby due in October. He's my first baby so I am new to CDing. Anyway, I bought some FBs without inserts thinking I'd use them mostly at night. I've been wanting to find inserts for them, but I'm not sure what I want or need. I think I'd like to stay away from microfiber. I'd like the inserts to be multipurpose, as in I can use them in the FBs or as a doubler in prefolds. What brands or types should I look for? I may be interested in hemp but I don't know anything about it. Help please?
Thanks!!
Heather

Advertisement

octobersweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Re: newbie needing insert advice, please!

I like the BabyKicks Hemparoo prefolds (medium) stuffed in my FB. They hold quite a bit and I add a small microfiber towel for overnight. We also like the CottonBabies inserts, the hold alot, but are microfiber. Good luck finding something that works!
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

Well, I like microfiber, and my fave inserts are micro (the ones from nickisdiapers.com).

But, I also second the joey bunz hemparoo inserts. Those are great, but if you have a fast peer, you'll need something else with them. Also, clothdaddy.com has some really thirsty hemp inserts.

You could also try the hemp wonderfulls (the two part inserts), those might work for you as well.

Just to be safe, you might want to try a few different kinds, because you never know what you will really like until you use them. Also, you never know what will work for YOUR baby as opposed to someone elses.

HTH!
Old 06-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
octobersweetpea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, maybe I will just get a variety and then see what works for us when he gets here.
I figured I could also stuff the prefolds in the FBs...
So many options...
Thanks!
octobersweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have heard great things about Cottonbabies Hemp Little Weeds for small diapers. Their Bigger Weeds is good for larger diapers. I like Happy Heiny Hemp Stuffins. They ahve two pieces, so you can vary the absorbancy.

Good luck finding what you like.
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #6
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I like Cotton Babies (microfiber), too, but I did buy some small Babykicks Hemparoo inserts to go in our small FBs (I use the CBs in mediums.) I don't know how well they work since my babe isn't due until September, but I can't see why they wouldn't!