Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2006, 07:12 AM   #1
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help, my poor babes gut

OK, my poor little one who is 4 1/2 months has been having the worst watery diareah (sp?) for a week and a half now. It doesnt seem to be bothering him too much and he has no other symptoms, fever,etc other than he is teething. He is keeping plenty hydrated too.
But since last week Tuesday, he has been having about 4-6 dipes like this a day, he was down to only 3 for a few days but we are back up to around 4 average, today he has had 2 so far, I have to put him in sposies part time due to lack of cloth he is going so often (plus he shares with big bro)
I know as long as there is nothing else the matter and he is hydrated it is fine per se, but I'm sure it has to at least be uncomfortable for him, I mean when I say watery I mean it.
Nothing has changed much diet wise, he is bf'd and if anything I have cut back on chocolate intake lately He has had some organic rice cereal, about twice a week, but at the time this started he had only had this once and it was 2 weeks prior to the tummy problems, after a bout a week of these dipes I have given him some more in hopes that maybe it would thicken things up to no avail. Before this he would have a poopy diaper once every few days and twice he went about a week between them but not usually, so this many times a day is definately not his style.

Hope that all made sense, does anybody have any suggestions? I am going out today to our local Wild Oats for shopping and can check out the Hylands and assorted stuff they have there.

heidi

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2006, 07:39 AM   #2
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help, my poor babes gut

Humm, it does sound more like an allergy to me. Have you continued the rice cereal while he has had this? I would discontinue the cereal until you get it figured out. Also, what does your pedi say? If it was a virus then it probably wouldn't last so long...humm, I'm stumped?
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:35 AM   #3
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmommy
Humm, it does sound more like an allergy to me. Have you continued the rice cereal while he has had this? I would discontinue the cereal until you get it figured out. Also, what does your pedi say? If it was a virus then it probably wouldn't last so long...humm, I'm stumped?
Thanks, I have toyed with the allergy idea too, it just seems odd to me that he hadnt had the cereal for over a week and even then he had only had it 3 times before he started the bad diapers, seems to me with an allergy it would have responded sooner, I would think by a week or more it would have been out of his system, but you never know. I havent taken him to the ped yet because as I said there is nothing else going on.

thanks,
heidi
Old 06-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #4
aschrimp
Registered Users

When my ds caught a stomach bug, he had super diarrhea (went through all 36 of our pfs in a day) for 2-3 days, the like you have described, watery poop with several poops a day for almost 2 weeks. We did see the dr, and they said that was pretty normal - the intestine gets irritated from the super diarrhea, and it takes time for everything to get back to normal.
I would get some baby probiotics - that's what we did, and it seemed to help.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote