Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #11
starbug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't know how the schoolers do it

My oldest was in school until 4th Grade. It was tough. Especially once the little one was here. Often I had to wake him when we left and then he was cranky And my dd was sooo slooow. It was a fight to get her ready every single day.
Traffic in the morning was terrible. And when picking her up I was standing in the line in the heat (S-Florida) forever.
And the homework was bad. We had to sit there for hours doing it. I had to explain everything 100 times. She didn't learn anything in school. It was exhausting!!

Advertisement

starbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #12
frenchie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm...interesting. DS just had Irish SOccer Camp last week. He had to be there by 8:55. I put out his uniform the night before, and made his lunch. Since he'd come home sticky from dripping with sweat during the drills/games/scrimmages, he'd have a shower before bed. In the morning, he'd get up, have breakfast, and watch cartoons. Brush teeth, throw on uniform, sunscreeen and off we went. This is all with a 3 year old in tow. My thought was...."OMG...what am I going to DO for 5 hours without him?" I'll tell you what...I got stuff DONE!!! I didn't have him there whining about running errands, begging for yet another snack or meal (I swear this kid has a hollow leg!!), complaining about nothing, fighting with his sister....it was peaceful. I thought to myself...I could get used to this! A short morning hustle is SO not a hassle in my book. BUT...I'm a die hard homeschooler I'm a glutton for punishment. Not to mention, I really love spending time with my son.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #13
A&EsMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have to say I just spent a year of taking my daughter back and forth to school and it was a nightmare. Due to it being completely against her sleep schedule she was way more grumpy and was a zombie in class. By time she was home and finished with HW she didn't want dinner just to go straight to bed. We pretty much gave up on doing any trips because they didn't fit into the schedule. Most irritating after all that she didn't learn as much as she would have if I homeschooled her. Needless to say its homeschool this year.
A&EsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

No kidding, I agree! We're about to do VBS next week, and I'm already dreading getting all 3 kids out of the house in the morning...
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
glupton
Registered Users
seller

just subbing so I can remember to have my DH read this thread
Old 07-31-2010, 12:34 AM   #16
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LMBO!!!! I say this all the time. I'm exhausted just from camps like VBS and our Tuesday all day co-op!!! I could never do it, LOL