Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #11
imacowgirl2
Registered Users
seller

Re: HS possible for WOHM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchkids View Post
Depending on what state you live in, it may be possible for your child to be cared for by another homeschooling family and receive instruction from them. Or you may be able to find a homeschooling family to provide daycare for you while you are at work. Many homeschool families would love to find a way to bring a little extra money into the household in a way that does not change their family schedule.
Any idea where I would be able to find information on if my state allows this...we're in IL.

Advertisement

imacowgirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #12
Hitchkids
Registered Users

Check hslda.org for information on your state laws. It looks to me like it would be possible because your regulations are simple. In my state I could only homeschool my own children and those directly related to me (nieces, nephews). But in other states I've known families who have watched children for working parents and had the kids work along side their own children. Each child's parents were directly responsible for all legal paperwork and such. It also looks like in your state you can claim an education tax credit for some homeschool supplies.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #13
leighi123
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

I'm a single mom, and right now I live with my parents and work very few hours a week, and a little stuff from home. Im also going to school mostly online.

Ds is 3 now, but I have no idea where I will be 2yrs from now as far as where we will live, my work status, what my mom will be doing (she is a retired teacher), etc.
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 AM   #14
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we do it. dh works 40-50 ours out of home, i work 24 hours out of home. we do work opposite shifts. it can be hard at times. but i think the homeschooling family to sit is a great idea. i would do it!! also consider that homeschooling takes far less time than public schooling. its pretty easy to do a few lessons/activities in the evening and a fun educational outing on the weekend!