Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Desks- Yay or Nay

Originally Posted by ChoiceSoaps View Post
I think part of the problem is that the table is about as ergonomically incorrect for him as it could possibly be. Hopefully the desks will make writing more comfortable for him.
Interesting. I hadn't planned on using desks but ergonomics is a good point. The kitchen table is really only right for adults to write on. Hmmm.... Now I have to think about the desk thing in a little while. For now, I think dd's Little Tykes table is about right for her, but it won't be for long.

Adrienne, wife and lover to Andrew Mama to Simon (2/21/06 - 2/26/06), Norah (6/28/07), Ezra (5/11/10), and Phoebe (6/14/12).
NorahsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Desks- Yay or Nay

We don't usually use them. We do have one school desk (not even sure where it came from, to tell the truth), but we almost never use it for school - it tends to function as a card/domino playing table or lego table more often than not.
Tyler tends to do his work at the dining room table or sprawled on the living room floor. Ryan and James usually work at the preschool-sized table we have in our living room, but Ryan is also fond of putting any paperwork on a clipboard and finding a comfy place to work.
Michelle, homeschooling mama of 4 fabulous boys - Tyler 8/99 Ryan 5/05, James 12/06, and Leo 10/10
dirtmagnets is offline   Reply With Quote